Monday, July 03, 2006

Persistence

Single-minded persistence

After every meal our kitty Cassie goes tearing up the stairs and waits patiently by the two hall doors where the other cats are fed. Once in a while Hobbes will leave a kibble or two in his bowl so when we open the door to let him out she tears in there to see if he left anything. She does the same thing when we let out Tinker. She does this every single time, three times a day despite the fact that she only scores food perhaps once every two to three weeks.

Simple-minded persistence

Why are people so entertained by fireworks? I'm not talking about the huge displays professionally done by cities, but rather those crappy little noise makers we can buy at fireworks stands (Minnesota outlaws anything that can get airborne). So, Ooooohhh they go bang! Wow! Isn't that exciting. What am I missing here folks. My neighbors set off little poppers every 3 minutes or so last night. The ones that sound like gun fire? I really would like to know what is so damn appealing? Wow, they go bang bang bang. Wow!

Scream-minded persistence

The next door neighbors child is capable of two noises: She can look at you and say "Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi" And if she isn't doing that she is SCREAMING. No, really she has two states of being. Repetitive and annoying, or lung blasting, ear bleeding screaming.

Sparrow-minded persistence:

4 days till the release of Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest. In anticipation of the new movie I watched the first Pirates movie yesterday. I can't wait..................................

Society-minded persistence:

I rant about that here.

Snack-minded persistence:

Sophie loves to chew on bones, but what she loves even more is to find bones. We put a wide brimmed shallow basket full of bones in the living room for the puppies. I mix into the basket small easy to chew bones. And Sophie loves to root around in the basket and pull them out. She'll dig one out, grab it, charge over to the couch and plop down with the bone. She'll chew on it for 15 seconds, then get up, charge back to the bowl and root around for another bone. Find one, and charge back to the couch. 4 or 5 bones later she gets off the couch and lays on the cold floor exhausted. All the bones sitting on the couch barely chewed. She'll do the same routine with bones that are laying around the house. She'll spot it, charge through the house to her couch, then get up and charge around some more to see if there are more bones laying around. Or if all else fails she'll go rooting around in her basket. The hubster and I agree that it is one of her top 10 cutest things to do. And the happy look on her face always brings me to giggles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your new look!
I am sorry I haven't been by lately..with the passing of my beloved dog and other issues of life I can barely keep a post on my blog,much less read the folks I enjoy.

My dog, Baby hated fireworks and we would actually have to medicate her for the 4 day duration of this "holiday"..its kind of a godsend that she passed last week, she won't have to spend this year medicated up to her poor brown eyes cowering in fear for days and nights.

Tink said...

"Repetitive and annoying, or lung blasting, ear bleeding screaming." She sounds CHARMING! Lol.

Hope you have a great stupid-little-firework-free holiday!