Thursday, July 13, 2006

Work related question

I have never worked for a company before that had administrative assistants. I am told by various people "Oh just have so and so do that." But I feel like some evil tyrant when I hand off work. I am a pee-on at this company. Low man on the totem pole, hell, I don't think I'm even ON the pole. SO, are there any admins out there? Do you mind when asked to do stuff like fax this, mail that, file this, check for such and such? From someone so low and bug like as myself?

3 comments:

Tink said...

I'm an "administrative assistant." Other wise known as "A ASS." And honestly, sometimes I feel like a glorified secretary. So no, I don't mind being handed that kind of stuff. It's when the big guys start coming in with stacks that I get pissy. Go figure. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm bascially an admin, too. I don't mind the busywork except when my boss lets it pile up and then calls in "sick" for several days in a row. I also hate her having me send someone an email, but first taking the time to email me about sending it in the first place. Just save the time, and do it yourself.
Oh and this year...guess what I got for Admin. Day???

SQUAT.

The next day I got an ecard. It's no wonder I'm job-hunting.

Newt said...

Tink and Jay thanks for your input. I really appreciate your thoughts. I worked for a company once that placed a job add on Monster. It posted as "Full Time Ass." So HR contacted Monster and told them they needed to correct it. They apologized and gave us an additional month free. And they reposted the correction as: "Full-Time Ass." The HR manager said that she was getting annoyed, but then one of the Admin's piped up with, "I'm not sure it's a mistake, if the new person has to do what I do than Full-TIme Ass is actually appropriate."