Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Playing Hooky

Just like a couple of kids my hubby and I decided to play hooky from work, the world, and everything in between. And it was fun. We lounged around, played with the animals, and just didn’t worry about much at all.

We did work on the landscaping around the garage (according to the city inspector the area had to be paved and landscaped before they would sign off on the building permit completion.) So we put in timbers, added some good topsoil, transplanted a couple of hostas and then put down mulch. It looks clean and neat now.

We also went to a matinee of Pirates of the Caribbean. And that was a very fast, very fun, very funny 150 minutes. The hubster, who hates every movie he ever sees even laughed out loud and enjoyed himself. And that says a lot. I just can’t believe how fast the movie went. It is a little darker and a little more graphic than the previous movie so if you have young kids it may be a little scarier than the first one.

This was a good day. I think we need to play hooky more often……………..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Pirates! I caught something like the sixth showing when I got off work on Friday and the theater was still pretty much sold out. It was way long, but totally worth it.

Unknown said...

I like your new blog look m'dear..

Jay said...

Everybody needs to take a "mental health day" every once in a while. Sounds like a fun time.

Is that movie really 2 1/2 hours long? That surprises me for some reason.