Friday, July 21, 2006

Black Sheep - A tribute

I am the black sheep of the family. I won't deny it. I have a tattoo. I have been divorced. I don't give a damn what people think about me and I live my life the way I want to. I have lived in sin. I smoked pot. (okay, it was once, and I swear to god I didn't know you were supposed to inhale.) (no really, I may be the black sheep, but I was naive as hell) I am a mix of old world Italians, and sophisticated holier than thou New York Jews. And pretty much everything I have done in life has cause the family scandal.

So, when a young couple opened up The Black Sheep Coffee Cafe in my little town I had to at least try their coffee.

Best damn coffee I have ever had. Then I tried a scone. Oh man, I just died and went to danish heaven.

So, if you are ever in the St. Paul area, let me know and I will take you to the best little coffee shop on the planet.

I wish them every luck. They deserve to do better than all national chains combined. Great service, coffee and food to die for. Plus a very cozy and inviting little cafe.

Speaking of tattoos: I am going on Aug. 15th for my second tattoo. What do you think?

Her ears will be shorter (more elf like), the branch won't be as long, and I will have a couple falling daisies rather than leaves.

4 comments:

Jay said...

That's a pretty cool tat. I don't have any cause I'm a weenie when it comes to things like that. LOL

I'm not really a coffee drinker, but coffee shops are cool.

Kell said...

I think that's a gorgeous tattoo! I also think I would pass out long before they got it done. I said I was going to get a tattoo on my 40th birthday, but then I watched those tattoo shows on TV and saw all the blood and wimped out. But one of these days, I might surprise everyone with a cool Celtic knot somewhere on my body.

I'd love a coffee shop like that.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful little coffee shop. I hope they do well.


The litte fairy is adorable. Any time I've thought about getting a tat, I've thought about the pain and my dad's old Navy tat that is now faded and sagging. Those made me change my mind in a hurry.

Be sure to post it for us!

Anonymous said...

I just came across the website for Black Sheep. Its a work in progress, but has some nice shots of the cafe itself inside:

http://www.blacksheepcoffeecafe.com