Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday stuff

Last night was girl night at the mall. We had a blast. Girlfriend J, C, S, and myself. At one point in the evening C and S were trying on clothes. They are close enough in size that they traded items back and forth, or in a couple cases flung them from dressing room to dressing room. I think it was my favorite part of the evening. Girlfriend J and I just pretty much played the part of fetching and critiquing. Oh, and zipping and tying. They both found some amazing outfits.

Shock of shocks, I did not find a pair of shoes at DSW. I know, weird huh?

Last night I started a book called Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest. So far so good. But I am only on page 49 so anything can happen. I did find the review, on the cover no less, very interesting: “Cherie Priest kicks ass!.....” Not quite what I expected on the cover of reputable literature. This isn’t one of those – cash run books by an overly famous and way overly read author. Go figure. While looking up the link to include for ya'll I noticed she has a new one coming in Oct. The new story sounds pretty good.

Random thoughts for Thursday:

God bless the inventor of the pause and serve feature on coffee pots.

What part of an executive meeting that has people sitting on their asses all day requires Gatorade and power bars?

I don’t see weeds, I see beautiful plants that other’s just don’t understand.

Waking up with a raging headache sucks. But having my baby girl in my lap, a good book in my hand, and a wonderfully hot and fresh cup of coffee on the windowsill makes it all go away.

Funny how the headache came back after I put my dog in her kennel, my book in my bag, and the coffee cup in the sink………….

I’m hungry

I am addicted to the show Miami Ink – and I can’t wait till Aug. 15th to get my next tattoo.

This is going to be a great last half of summer: tattoo, state fair, renaissance festival, road trip to see blog buddies.

People watching is fun

4 comments:

Tink said...

"God bless the inventor of the pause and serve feature on coffee pots." The new coffee pot in the office doesn't have that feature. I found that out AFTER I pulled the pot mid-perk.

"I am addicted to the show Miami Ink – and I can’t wait till Aug. 15th to get my next tattoo." What are you getting?

"This is going to be a great last half of summer: tattoo, state fair, renaissance festival, road trip to see blog buddies." Where are you going?

Have a great weekend Newt!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, State Fair! I'm starting my pre-Fair diet now. Of course, instead of trying to lose weight before the food fest that is the State Fair, I'm going to start eating boxes of Mickey's donuts in a row to get in shape for the corn dogs, deep fried cheese curds, and mini-donuts. Mmmmmmm....donuts...

Jay said...

"What part of an executive meeting that has people sitting on their asses all day requires Gatorade and power bars?"

Nothing ... but they all like to think of themselves as non-stop workaholics who keep up an amazing pace throughout the day. Of course, we all know the truth. But, it's their little game, so we all let them play it.

Sounds like a great second half of summer coming up. I can't wait to read all about it here!

Kell said...

Love state fairs, love renaissance festivals. Can't wait to read about your adventures. BTW, do you guys have a butter sculpture at your state fair? That seems to be the thing here in the midwest.