Monday, July 24, 2006

Food orgasms and weird dreams

Heaven in Hudson:

I have sung the praises of Mama Maria’s to you all many times. An exceptional little Italian restaurant in Hudson Wisconsin. Someone told us about a different place in Hudson called the San Pedro Café. It’s a Caribbean restaurant and bar. We had a guest from Germany with us and she wanted to try it. Logic being that if we didn’t like the menu we would head up the road to Mama’s.

San Pedro Café is a tiny little place in the quaint downtown Hudson district. This place was crazy busy which is always a good sign.

We started our meal with their chicken nachos. And I must say that this was the best plate of nachos I have had in my life. Fresh chicken smoked in their wood fired oven layered with white corn chips, Wisconsin cheddar and mozzarella, pico di gallo, avocado puree and lemon-habanero aioli. I experienced a food orgasm. Let me tell you.

Though actually quite full we then had our main entrée. I had Rasta Pasta: Jerk spiced chicken sautéed with garlic and Serrano peppers – tossed with penne pasta and finished with a pepper cream and fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano . S had Chicken Chili Penne: Jerk spiced chicken simmered in a red chili cream sauce tossed with penne noodles and wood roasted vegetables. And the hubster had Island Rum Shrimp Linguine: Sautéed shrimp, sweet tomatoes and green beans tossed with fresh linguine in a coconut rum butter sauce – finished with chopped candied macadamia nuts and tropical salsa. All the dishes were superb.

The service was exceptionally attentive. And a team work environment was obvious. Overall this was one of those rare and delightful restaurant experiences.

Now on to my off the scale weird dream

I dreamt that I was a vampire. I hadn’t been one for very long, I was newly turned but apparently other vampires sensed that I would be powerful. So they set out to get rid of me. They did this by force feeding me a bunch of weird stuff, including paper towels.
Then collapsed and helpless on the ground they left me. When I came to I was feeling violently ill. I looked up and one of the vampires had remained behind. He said he felt bad that they had attacked me. I got up, went over to him and kissed him for staying behind. It was a good kiss. Then we set off to join the others. Apparently I wasn’t that mad at them. We found them at some sort of abandoned villa. I was suffering from all sorts of uncomfortable problems while my body was getting rid of all the stuff they had fed me so I was desperately trying to find a bathroom that had a working toilet. All the toilets were broken. Then I woke up………………….
Analyze that one for me. Damn it was weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd heard about San Pedros, but never knew anyone who had gone there. It sounds great.

As for the vampire dream, it sounds like someone needs to take a break from the "Vampire Hunter D" novels she's been reading lately. ;)

Jay said...

The shrimp linguine sounds delicious! Now I'm hungry.

I can't analyze the dream, but I'm looking forward to the book! LOL

Tink said...

Paper towels?! LOL.

The food sounds yummy! Much better than the stale goldfish crackers I'm nibbling on right now. You witch. hehe

Anonymous said...

Your dream makes me really glad that I never remember mine!

San Pedro cafe sounds like a great place!

Kell said...

I hate those dreams that end with me not being able to find a toilet! Makes me cranky when I wake up.