Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Random Newt

*I forgot how much I love Keebler chocolate covered wafer cookies

*I think I killed my rhubarb plant – so much for transplanting it away from the fence and the encroaching raspberry bush

*My cat is insane – no seriously, no exaggeration – he’s certifiable

*How do you make a dog stop barking at you? When she’s so excited to see you that she barks her head off? I’m trying but nothing seems to be working.

*Curley’s barbecued pulled pork is awesome!

*Don’t leave the remains of corn on the cob in a paper bag on your porch. It WILL ensure that the cats don’t get into it but NOT the flys and ants.

*I sent a Thank you to Jay for getting me hooked on Vampire Hunter D – I’m now reading the second book in the series. And I want to thank him all over again.

*Yard work goes WAY faster when you have your Ipod with you

****Warning – the next random thought may be TMI
If you are doing a lot of bending and squatting while doing yard work and your Ipod keeps getting in the way, tucking it in between your boobs works perfectly! (as long as you are wearing a bra) (this advice won’t probably work for you boys )
Like I said, TMI

*Last night I watched the hubster sitting out back enjoying the cool night air. I fell in love with him all over again……………..

*While at the movie theater on Monday I watched two girls load up their mega bucket of popcorn with so much melted butter I started to gag. Did I mention that they sprinkled half the container of salt into the bucket as well? I almost went over to them yelling stop stop, for the sake of all that is holy, stop!

Now I want popcorn………………..

*Have you noticed that coffee shops have replaced donut shops for our local enforcement hero’s? If you are ever in need of emergency services in down town St. Paul check the Dunn Bro’s on Wabasha. I can almost guarantee some person in uniform will be there.

*
Tasty and easy recipe for your barbecue: (you’ll need either really big potato’s or a pan to lay them on that can sit on the grill) Slice potato’s, dip them in olive or canola oil, sprinkle them with a parmesan cheese and bread crumb mixture and set them on the grill till nice and crispy. We actually cooked some of the batch up in a pan on the stove and they came out equally as tasty.

*Tazo makes these flavored teas that you can buy in a bottle. Sort of like Snapple. There is one flavor called Brambleberry. I am addicted.

*I have no idea what I am going to wear tomorrow. I usually plan out my week and get it ready just so I have one less thing my brain has to do so early in the morning. I’m feeling like blue would be a good color……………Maybe because I have yet to wear my new blue sandals………………

*Is it just weird that I plan my wardrobe for the week? Just curious.

*Last night it was cool enough to sleep with a blanket. Either that or I was so sunburned that I got the chills. I’m not sure which one is actually the true state of things………….

*Another Jay had a nice blog yesterday about being oneself in their blog. And that we tend to sensor what we say. And we are afraid of being boring or mundane. I don’t mind mundane. It let’s me know that other people have mundane days just like me.

Hubster quote of the day: (said while sitting with my insane cat)

“Hey Socs, we both have chubby bellies”

He then wiggles Soc’s belly, and then his own

“Oh, but you can lick yours…………………”

Lesson #1 for the day:
Make sure you know who you are sending an email to. I got a little confused today and sent
a response to someone's comment that probably had them scratching their head - or thinking I'm
crazy, or both...................

And Lastly from Chelle P.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.(Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Use what’s actually next to you.)

I had to cheat, 123 has a picture so I used 124:
from Vampire Hunter D - Raiser of Gales by Hideyuk Kikuchi
"Beautiful face and softly curved body trembling with rage, she opposed everything that was happening here."

2 comments:

Jay said...

That was a very random list of randomness. Nothing makes me hungry faster than smelling popcorn or seeing someone eat popcorn.

And there's nothing wrong with being a little crazy. It keeps things interesting.

Kell said...

I had such a good time reading your post. And I'm gonna remember that little tip about the iPod.

Oh, to be as flexible as a cat.