Friday, July 14, 2006

It's Friday and I have found my bliss

First, man have I been dumping the blog thoughts here lately. I doubt you guys want to read this much stuff.

Anyway. I came in to work this morning with an urgent email. From someone I have never heard of in our company. It was in invitation to some leadership meeting. And it says in bold that it is being sent to me ONLY. And that I am not to forward it on to any colleagues or team members.

First off, I am not a leader. I’m a pee-on. Secondly the only people so far that I can tell our going are the top executives on the floor. So thirdly, this has to be a mistake. Outlook is a beautiful thing (I can at least tell who has that same space blocked off on their calendars.)

My hubby says that someone just recognizes that I am “a goddess” (his words). So, awwww, how sweet is that?

He said I should just confirm back with the person that sent it to make sure it was meant for me. But part of me wants to ride this ego boost for now. It’s Friday so I plan to ride my high till Monday or so. I don’t want to end my week on a ha ha – thought you were special but you aren’t note. I'm happier with my momentary rise in career bliss.

This meeting is off site at a fancy hotel. And there is dinner after. And only people who got the email will have a badge and materials waiting for them at registration. Ooooh la la.

***Update: since posting this I took a sneak and the person with the least potential got invited so I can only assume that either A. everyone is invited. or B. this is only for slackers and loosers. And I have gone from being a goddess with potential to someone that is so lacking in potential we need a seminar to save us.

*************************

Bliss of a personal nature:
On a side note my dad recommended a book by John Dunning called “Booked to Die.” It’s the first in a series. He calls me two or three times a day to see where I am at in the book. I love that. The miles stretch between us but we have found this special thing that keeps us so very very close. One of my earliest memories is sitting on my dad’s lap reading his novel to him. In a little girl sing song voice, slowly working her way through the big words. And we have never stopped reading together. For me, this is what life is about. This is why we are on this earth. To share something with someone else and to find joy in each other’s company.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

H Newt...I keep seeing your comments so I thought I would visit :)

You can still be a goddess! (I think your dh is neat)

I think it's so sweet that you and your dad have such a bond and that you realize how wonderful that is...

Kell said...

Maybe it's the other guy who got the email by mistake! And if you get a free dinner, cool!

That's a sweet story of you and your dad. I wasn't that close to mine, but I'm close to my mom.

Thanks for sharing. Dumping is what blogs are for.

Trish said...

I love the new header and colors(probably not that new but I have not been around much in the past few weeks).

Jay said...

Don't say anything to anyone. Just print out the email and then show up at the right time and place. If they say you aren't supposed to be there show them the email. They'll be embarrassed and let you stay and you will get the free meal.

Nice story about you and your dad.

Kell said...

BTW, I've been wanting to read that Dunning book. Are you likeing it?

Tink said...

Maybe it's a secret convention of the "pee-ons" where you'll discuss plans on how to overthrow the rest of the office! You can't miss out on that... or the free food.

I missed you.

Newt said...

Kell, the John Dunning book is awesome. I really enjoyed it. And dad says that they just get better. I can honestly say that if his next books are like the first he will become one of my absolute favorite authors.