Thursday, July 13, 2006

Reward

Yes, I am offering a reward for anyone that can find my lost blog thoughts. I must get a dozen or so blog thoughts a day. And at the time they seem easy enough to remember but come the next morning I got bupkis. Maybe you have seen them whizzing by in the wind?

I aspire to keep a notebook with me where ever I go. But alas I’m lucky if I have my keys with me, or cell phone for that matter. And I suck at the whole text message thing so that is not an option. By the time I managed to message myself the thought would be long gone……………..

And it’s not just blog thoughts I forget. Help me Jebus! I’m only 36 years old. But I have absolutely no memory what so ever. My absolute worst skill is name retention. You look at me, shake my hand, introduce yourself and before our hands separate I don’t remember your name. I heard that a good trick is to say the persons name back to them.
Tried it. Doesn’t work.

Example: I spent 5 days with the same 11 people for training. I could remember three names by the end of the week. How sad is that???????? Did I mention that I had already spent 5 days with the same 11 people the month previous???????

I know a guy who walks around with a mini recorder in his pocket. He leaves himself notes for everything. He has a better excuse though. He was in a car accident that left him in a coma for a while from severe head injuries. He’s fine now but one of the problems he has had is memory retention.

Maybe I just need to get myself a little mini recorder. One that will fit in my pocket or on a key chain. Then I can remember that we need to pick up milk on the way home. That I want to blog about, awww hell, I forgot already…………………

***I did just discover that my cell phone has a voice recorder feature. Okay, very cool. This could solve my dilemma. Only thing I have to do now is remember to use it.

No comments: