Thursday, March 29, 2007

A pity party for Newt

First I go through a slump where reading holds no interest for me.
Now I don't have time to read and I'm going insane.

I realized last night after tearing my house apart that I forgot my book at work. And I'm at our other campus for the next few days. So I picked up Deathstalker War - #3 in the series. I'm still on page 4. And I started it last night. It's not that it is bad - it's been rather a challenge to find peace and quiet. First, after a fun night with the girls I gave up the search for my current read and grabbed Deathstalker - I got through half the first page before - wham - it falls on my face. So I put it down, turn out the light and go to sleep. Then this morning I got a cup of coffee and sat down to read while the puppies had breakfast. Only mom was WAY more interesting than food. PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME - so who can resist that? Alright, drink coffee and pet crazy happy puppies. Then finally I think I have a good hour at lunch today to read. I find a quiet corner out of the way and somehow the entire freak'n training group decided they need to seek me out and sit with me. "Oh, we'll keep you company - you don't need to read" grumble grumble. So now I still have to take all these guys out tonight for dinner and a tour. I'll get home past my bedtime, I'll try to read a little more and WHAM - the book will hit me in the nose.

Is it Saturday yet????

7 comments:

Jay said...

You're just so popular is the problem. If you were a little meaner then people and dogs would leave you along more. Of course, you don't want the dogs to leave you alone. So, maybe you can find a happy medium, keep people away but not dogs. Yeah, that would be perfect.

Kell said...

LOL at the image of the WHAM and the book hitting you. Oh, how many times has that happened to me? Hope you find a quiet moment soon.

steve said...

Does it hurt when the book pops you in the face like that? You might consider wearing a helmet when you read. Safety first!

J said...

You just need to stop showering, Newt. The dogs won't care, but people will start giving you all the space you need. Just watch. ;)

Betty said...

It's always the people who cause the problems. Sometimes, at work, I would have lunch in the conference room adjoining my office and someone would always find me. "What'cha doin'?" I really wanted to say, "Avoiding you." But, I didn't, I didn't.

mike said...

Pity you couldn't have fixed the trainees with a Thousand Yard Stare that jolted them like an electric fence.

Who am I to talk though? I've worked with Otter Pop for nearly four years and still can't get him to shut the hell up.

Ellie said...

LOL! When it rains it pours! Next week will be much better!