Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Shoe Emergency

First and most importantly, if you haven't said hello yet go on over and say Hi to Boy J - he's started blogging!


And now for the heart of the post:


I'm going to totally girl out on you by the way.


Last night I picked out my outfit for work just like I always do.


I threw the shoes in my bag - just like I always do. (I wear sneakers or other outdoor shoes into work- keeps the good shoes looking nicer)


So this morning I got into work, turned on the computer and while it was booting up I took off my sneakers, grabbed my shoes and went to put them on. OH MY HORROR. They looked absolutely painfully awful with the outfit. Not just, please don't look at my feet awful, but flashing red neon light pointing at my feet, can't miss it awful. So I did what any self respecting shoe psycho would do. I put my sneakers back on, called Girl J and explained that I had a shoe emergency. She met me in the lobby and we hoofed it over to Macy's.


Good thing they have a big spring sale going on. And good thing they had just the right shoes to go with the outfit. And truthfully, a pair of shoes in a color I've been needing. So all's well that ends well.


I've set this damn standard for myself here at work. I'm known for my shoes. People stop me in the hall so that they can see what I'm wearing. I'm a sort of a shoe guru. Go figure. Me, without a lick of fashion sense is known for having great shoes. The fun thing is that I get them all on dirt cheap clearance so it's not as if I am the Carrie Bradshaw of the Twin Cities. I don't own a pair of shoes that cost over 50 bucks. Most average between 10 and 20.
Speaking of Twin Cities we caught a blurb on the news about the tourism board here is planning on rolling out a new catch phrase for the Minneapolis / St. Paul area. They want to change us from being referred to as the Twin Cities to something hipper and more metropolis. They tried to claim that no one outside a 5 state area knows that the Twin Cities is Minneapolis/St. Paul.
So, a lot of you are outside the 5 state region - did YOU know that Twin Cities referrs to Minneapolis / St. Paul? This is an honest question. If you didn't it's not like I would call you dumb. Cause honestly, I'm not sure I knew before moving here that it was called that. I truly can't remember if I knew or not.
And aside from "Colder than Hell 9 months a year" what the heck else could they come up with that is hip and trendy and screams wonderful metropolis? I mean really?
What suggestions could you have for our area?
The Antarctic of the US?
Cold but fun?
Cold nose warm heart?
Well, Spring and Fall are nice here......
Any good ideas out there to rename our lovely metropolitan area?
I'll close with another picture of one of the cutest little peanuts on the planet.

8 comments:

J said...

How about: "Discouraging the Weather Wimps since 1858" or "We have all four seasons: spring, summer, winter, and road repair"?

Jay said...

I knew they were called the "Twin Cities" but I'm a nerd. And a baseball fan so I had to find why the Twins were called the Twins when I was a kid. I thought they were owned by twin brothers at first. ;-)

How bout "Minneapolis/St. Paul - Canada's Doormat" ... or "Gateway to Canada".

"Minnesota - Quit Laughing At Our Sports Teams"?

Molly Ivans (may she reast in peace) used to call Minnesota "A clean well lit place".

mike said...

Yeah, I knew that they were called the twin cities.

How about "Two cities, three times the fun"?

Tink said...

They could call you guys:

"The Popcicle Capital"
"Winter's Summer Home"
"Way The Hell Up There"

Hehe

It's better than Jacksonville. When we had the Super Bowl, reporters from around the U.S. were quoted as saying, "What's that smell? It's Jacksonville." Niiice.

Betty said...

Little Rock recently went through the nickname change, too. It went from "City of Roses" to "The Rock". Or, "Rock City", I can't remember which and I don't care. Why can't people leave ANYTHING alone?

Anonymous said...

I knew, I don't know why, but I knew.

How about "shop til you drop"? Because the only thing I know about the area is that's where we keep the Mall of America. Nice place to go if you have a really long layover.

steve said...

Twice as good as the Quad Cities?

Minneapolis, St. Paul: it only hurts when you laugh.

MSP: we put the "BRR" in liberal.

MSP: Turn down the thermostat when you leave.

MSP: It's tundrariffic!

I'm officially out of ideas.

steve said...

Wait... thought of one more.

MSP: The weather can kill you, but only 8 months out of the year.