Sunday, March 18, 2007

I smell SO good



After 30 odd years I have found MY smell. First there was my Aunt's smell - Woodhue. I love that and always have. And since finding it again I have been wearing it practically every day. But, it's not my smell. It's the scent of my childhood. It's the scent of fond memories and of being loved. And to wear it fills me with comfort and a sense of unconditional love.

I have tried various perfumes throughout my life but have never found one that I could become devoted to. One that would be my trademark. One that I would always wear and people would know me by.

My Aunt has Woodhue, my mom has White Shoulders, and now, drum roll please: I have mine. Allow me to introduce to you: Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist.

You might already know about it. But I didn't. Until I got on the elevator at work Friday morning and the woman that stepped on with me smelled incredible. Bat for the other side incredible. I could have stayed in the elevator all day with her just to have that scent surround me. Thankfully she knew what she was wearing. Because of course I had to ask. You can't be touched by nirvana and not know.

So off I went with Girl J to the mall Friday night. She and I had planned to go anyway because we were in a shoe slump and determined to get ourselves out of it. We stopped in at Macy's and I tried out the cologne. And it smelled great on me. So I got a bottle.

This might all sound crazy to you, or a tad weird but honestly, I'm so excited about this. I have always wished I could find a scent of my own that I loved to wear. That I put on every day like I do makeup and jewelry. And now I have.

As for the shoe slump? I'm still stuck in it. But Girl J found a fabulous pair of sandals to go with a new suit she bought. She also found a really cute pair of shoes but unfortunately they couldn't find it's match. If slipper count we found the most incredible summer slippers. They are made by Laura Ashley and they are flip flop style made out of the softest fabric you can imagine. It's like our feet are floating on pillows of air. They are simply fabulous.

4 comments:

Betty said...

A few years ago, I finally found "my scent". Alexander Julian. I loved it. Then, it disappeared from the stores. They weren't making it any more. I tried a couple of websites that carried hard to find scents, and found it in a teeny-weeny, itsy-bitsy bottle, and it must have been one of the first sample bottles because it didn't smell as good. So, no luck. I miss it.

Tink said...

That's what I wear! Along with Lucky You and the occasional Bath and Body Works scent. Have you tried the Cashmere Mist deodorant? OMG, to die for! It's a little pricey ($15) but it last two months and it makes you want to bury your nose in your own armpit. How often can you say that? ;)

Jay said...

I seem to pretty much absorb any cologne I put on. It doesn't take long until it's all gone and can't be detected by humans. Weird huh? Oh well.

Kell is "stranded" in Edinburgh. Their flight home on Sat was "snowed out". First chance to get home will be Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't found my scent. I've always wanted one that I just love and people would know that I had been there just from the slight scent of me. I guess the closest I have is my lotion that I love so well...