Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Friday - My To Do List

I am feeling ambitious about this weekend. So my big plan is to tackle some projects I have been putting off.

1. Clean out our pantry. It has cans of stuff and boxes of food that were there when I moved in. Not to mention that we have had some moisture issues in the basement which has caused the walls to get a little weepy and thus made the shelves a titch damp. So, I plan to toss a lot of old unused stuff. Line the shelves and organize everything. No small project. Especially considering it’s a tiny little room in our basement. Poor lighting, cramped space. But TONS of crap. Sigh………………..

2. Wash/scrub the living room and dining room floors.

3. Wash/scrub the kitchen down

4. Clean up the dog poop.

5. Clean out the brush that we left from last year. The plants are just starting to peek out of the ground so it’s easiest at this point and time to remove the old growth.

If I accomplish even one of the five I’ll be pretty proud of myself. But I’m aiming for the whole list. Aiming is good. You gotta have goals. But it IS the weekend which means I can easily be distracted.

Aside from not so interesting goals – let’s see what else…………….Oh Yeah, A rant. So, if you only want to read the positive side of Newt - I'll tell you when to stop reading.

Michelle was talking about a co-worker that was upset over her daughter eloping. So Michelle called her mom to see how she felt about her having run off to marry the perfect man. And her mom assured her that the man was WAY more important than the wedding. Anyway, I just thought her conversation with mom was TOTALLY sweet.

When I told my dad I was moving to Minnesota because I had found the man I wanted to be with the rest of my life he said “Honey, if he is getting you to move to Minnesota I can only assume he’s your soul mate.” And all my parents have ever wanted for me was happiness. They didn’t care where we got married or who did the ceremony. It should never be about the wedding.

OK, at this point, if you don't want to hear Newt going a little negative and off her rocker that's okay, I moved my little rant to my page. Seeing as I make an effort to keep this blog of mine a happy place I decided that my rant on marriage belonged, well, on the rant page. Why else is it there.

So, Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Steven said...

My goal this weekend is to clean absolutely nothing... ;)

Steve~

Tink said...

I'm with Steve! I've done enough house work for awhile. I'm taking a weekend off. Are you sure you don't want to join me?? ;)

Betty said...

Whew! I sure wish you'd say what you think every now and then, instead of keeping us guessing. lol

Jay said...

Nice rant. Way to get on a roll there!

If I had a radio show I would hire you to do weekly commentary.