Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Catching Up

Alrighty here goes:

In no particular order

1. We tried to watch the new version of The Producers. Hated it in the the first 2 minutes. Not only did we not like it but it started to ruin the original one. So we turned it off and sent it back.

2. We did surprisingly LOVE the movie Walk the Line. I had heard it was good but I didn't have really high expectations. But I truly enjoyed this film. And I was even more impressed when I heard the actors singing. Didn't know they had it in them.

3. We went and saw 300. There was a puddle of drool under my chair. Those boys looked mighty fine. And the oracle scene was one of the coolest things I have scene on screen. I was mesmerized. But let's get back to those boys and their muscles. Girlish sigh..............
I'm a little upset that this will put Gerard Butler in the mainstream. I kinda liked it more when he was my little secret fantasy. Sorry, me and Kell's little secret fantasy.

4. I had a great night out with Girl J. We had SO much fun.

5. I also had a whirl wind afternoon with Ellie. We started out with a plan for lunch and a little shopping in Hudson. But is blossomed into a full day and evening.

6. Did I tell you that Caleb will go up and sniff strangers now? How cool is that? He hasn't let them pet him yet, but he runs right up to them.

7. I am so in love with our puppies. I can't begin to describe the sheer joy they bring to our lives. Last night I snuggled little Lily as she lay in her favorite chair. As she licked my cheek I just thought about how happy I am to have her. And how lucky I feel that I get to be her mommy.

8. We have met with several landscapers. All of them have been dog people. I was kinda hoping that would have helped weed out a few of them. But it hasn't. So now I have to actually go on price and design...................

9. My dad just called me to find out the title of a book. He's at the coffee shop with his buddies and he knew I would be at my computer. The book he had me look up is called Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Dang him. Now I have ANOTHER book on my list. But I love the fact that he will call me to do that. I miss my parents.

10. I'm thinking of enrolling Sophie in a training class. She could use some manners. She's kinda gotten to be a spoiled brat. And yes, it is ALL my fault. Also, Ellie wanted to sign her dog Daisy up for a class so we figured it would be a fun thing to do together. The last time we took a class we had Daisy and my Max in agility.

11. We have made this twice now. And it is freak'n tasty. I'm hooked. We just buy already cooked hot Italian sausage, cut it up into bite size pieces and throw it in with the rice mix as it cooks. Too damn good.

12. I have to move out of the bat cave next Monday. They are remodeling the floor and my cave is smack dab in the middle of what they need to demolish. It's going to be a very loud 12 weeks. They expect that the first half of the floor will take 6 weeks. Then, once they remodel half we all move our stuff to the new side and then they remodel the other half. And then after that I officially have no place to go. I'll probably get to move up three floors and do the exact same thing all over again. I don't really mind. And it's an excellent opportunity to throw out crap.

13. Tomorrow is girls night. Small group but big personalities so this will be fun.

14. Speaking of strong personalities, someone thinks I'm to sweet and flowery to crack some heads together! Two of my friends, Grizzo and Girl J were arguing and getting pretty snotty to each other so I told them to knock it off or I'd crack their heads together. And Girl J actually tried to tell me I'm too uber girly to make good on my threats. I guess I have to work on that. I gotta stop being so "nice"

15. And I think someone can be uber girly and flowery and still capable of crak'n some heads. Can't they? I think that is why Angelina Jolie is my hero.

16. I came to the conclusion that I don't like Edy's Grand ice cream. It doesn't have much flavor or substance.

17. Have I told you yet that Dresden Files is a great show! It really is.

18. My cat cries ALL the time now to go outside. He loves the warm weather.

19. We have had the most amazing spring days as of late. It was funny to watch the entire daytime population of St. Paul hanging out in the sun on Monday. Every where you looked there were people basking in the warmth and sunshine. It was amazing. Simply amazing.

20. Borderkind - book 2 is out today. Yippee! I liked Myth Hunters so much that I might go get it tonight.

21. I've been playing Zoo Tycoon lately. I got the one with dinosaurs. I've had more than a few dinosaurs break out and eat my other animals, my zoo keepers, and probably a few guests. Sigh....................

22. I should probably spend the money on the cages designed for them rather than trying to be cheap eh?

23. I've also noticed when trying to combine animals in a cage or water tank that not only does the different species not like one another but more than a few times one or the other gotten eaten before I could hit the undo button.

24. I should probably never go to work for a zoo eh?

25. I've also played a little roller coaster tycoon. Again, I tend to have a few problems and rides blow up on me. Hey, stuff happens. Ok, to be honest, it's been ages since I had a fiery crash in one of my parks. But, it has happened.

26. However, I always make sure that the barf is cleaned up. I always get a tidy park award.

27. I don't have a 27.

28. Read any good books lately?

29. See any good movies lately?

30. Listen to any good albums lately?

5 comments:

Jay said...

Wow you covered a lot of ground in this post.

I loved "Walk the Line" too. I guess Reese Witherspoon deserved the Oscar although I didn't think she was "OMG Awesome!" in it. I did, however, think that Joaquin Poenix was really awesome in it.

I've really got to go see 300.

Kell said...

That was great! I love posts like these--so much to enjoy.

I really liked Walk the Line, too, but I wasn't surprised. I love biopics. Coal Miner's Daughter is one of my favorites, so I just assumed Walk the Line would be like that.

300--can you believe I haven't seen this yet. Al says he wants to go, but I've missed stuff waiting for him before. What did your hubby think?

Sweet puppies!

Pillars of the Earth is one of those books that everyone says a required reading of people who love books. I haven't read it yet either, though.

I love the Dresden Files! I taped them while I was gone and am now caught up. I think. I'm thinking of getting some of the books they're based on.

I read Hidden Depths by Joyce Holms on the plane (mysteries set in Edinburgh) and am now reading Tell No One by Harlan Coben, but I just started it.

So, we're caught up now!

mike said...

I loved Walk the Line.

As to new music, I'm really grooving on Two Shoes, by the Cat Empire as well as several Putumayo Records compilations such as Latin Lounge, Euro Lounge, and their Brazilian music series.

Tink said...

There are DINOSAURS in Zoo Tycoon? That's awesome! I'm gonna have to get that one now. Have you played the Safari edition? It's pretty cool. It took me forever to figure out how to balance the ecosystem. At one point I had a rampage of bunnies. They killed off everything else, including the lions. Yeah, I thought that was pretty strange too.

Abbee Normalle said...

ah, 300....like a long, slow bowflex advertisement. i was drooling too.

as for walk the line, LOVED the movie. they nailed it.