Friday, March 09, 2007

Random Newt

I can't believe my change in attitude that silly ball has caused. Work is fun again. I would never have guessed that something so simple could amuse me so much. I bounce around. I try and balance, lean, and not crack my head on the desk. And believe it or not it actually does work both your ab and leg muscles just sitting there and or playing around a bit. Grant you it's not an all out quality work out but it's more than I get normally just sitting there.

Not to mention the sheer amusement from the people that walk into my office. They really do forget what they wanted to say to me. And every one of them has smiled. So, I get some unexpected happiness, exercise, AND I spread joy. Can it get any cooler????

Also - what the hell is it with people that are waiting for an elevator that REFUSE to wait till the current passengers get off? Is it rude to give them a dirty look, shake your head, and audibly sigh? Or should I just flat out shove past them, giving them a good crack in the ribs with my elbow? What would you do?????

We are heading toward a warming trend up here. Yes we are going to, dare I say, feel 50 degrees and see sunshine and blue skies???

I'm going to the Como Zoo and Conservatory with Ellie (other Girl J) on Saturday. I can't wait. It's going to be fun. I told her I totally want to "Kid" out. I want to eat corn dogs and I want to make a wax animal. Just short of jumping up and down and shouting "Look at the Gorilla Mommy" I want to have fun.

Lily just came up to me, her little paws on the edge of the laptop and gave me kisses. She's so cute. She loves to give kisses. She also will sit with her tongue just peeking out of her mouth. She does it all the time and it's cute as hell.

I just finished a Mike's Hard Berry. Good grief those things are tasty.

Girl J and I went to the mall the other night. We had a drink and appetizers before we shopped. And it wiped us out. We were tired and fuzzy headed. And we didn't laugh or talk the rest of the night. No more pre-shopping drinking for these girls. Good lord we're turning into light weights. Pathetic.................

Proof that we weren't ourselves. Neither of us bought a pair of shoes. NEITHER of us.

Thin Mints are a curse on society. And Girlscouts are cruel for getting us hooked. They are the crack of the cookie world.

I've recently become hooked on flavored lip gloss. There was a time when I couldn't stand them. But now I have 6 in my purse. Both Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body make some really great ones. Though I still can't do watermelon or vanilla no matter how beautiful the color might be. Blech.

A co-worker of Michael's has a puppy that is apparently growing quite fast. She gave us his collar that he outgrew already. It's cool as hell. It has a red light across the whole thing. And you can set it for constant or strobe. I'm excited to have it. We can put it on Caleb when we start walking again. This way if my greatest fear comes true and he gets loose we'll be able to see him. So I'm putting it on him as a secondary collar. I've never noticed them in stores. So this was a pretty cool gift.

Alright. Enough random stuff for tonight.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Hugs from Minnesota.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Wow, you covered a lot of stuff in this post.

I love the zoo. Even small crummy ones are still fun. As long as they have some big cats and giraffes. Those are my favorites.

I don't know why people are so pushy about the elevator. They act like the doors are going to shut in 3.2 seconds and they have to hurry!

Either that or they just stand there right in front of the doors. You practically have to push them to the side to let people off the elevator.

Trish said...

You did cover a lot in this post, LOL. I hate the over anxious elevator people. It's so annoying! I also used to hate flavored lip gloss but recently, I'm digging the Burt's Bees flavored lip balm with peppermint in it.

sassybead said...

OK - you just reminded me I need to take out my ball again. I was using it constantly before we moved our offices, but I had to deflate it so I could move it. I think I'll get it out again...

One thing...be sure to clean it off once in awhile. They tend to pick up dirt from rolling around on the carpet!

graymama said...

I have a ball that I sat on while I was pregnant with Buddy. He kicks it around now :-)

~~~~~

I love when they let the lions out in the morning at Como, and you can hear them growling for miles.

~~~~~

You should try the Literati Lip Balms.