Thursday, March 08, 2007

Newt's Got Ball

How do you make the work day fun and self entertaining?

Take the balance ball out from under a co-workers desk and sit on it.

You will discover:

You can bounce around at your desk

You can almost fall off the ball reaching for your phone

You have co-workers come in to ask you a question and COMPLETELY loose their train of thought upon seeing you on a giant grey ball

You can roll from side to side while you type

Or in a hip swaying circle

Or you can bounce up and down and get diuzy and type crappy

Bascially the 8 hour day becomes all about self entertainment

Who'd have thunk.................

6 comments:

mike said...

I'm not gonna touch that with a ten foot pole.

I have to wonder about who owns the ball though.

Jay said...

You could lose your balance and slam your head into a filing cabinet and lay there unconscious utnil somebody finally noticed that they haven't heard from or seen you in hours.

Oh wait .. That would be me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Newt - love the blog. I'm a fan. :)

Ya-all have way too much fun up there. Guess it brings new meaning to "having a ball" at eco-ville.

Courtney said...

You're funny. I like how you go through and respond to, like, the last four posts in a row. That always gives me a giggle. Also, I used to work in an office with my cube directly next to the evil director of my department. If I was bored and surfing the Web I had to keep my browser window small enough that my body blocked it if she walked by. Had she ever seen me on a balance ball I'd have never heard the end of it. She was kind of mean. :)

- Courtney

Abbee Normalle said...

my friend started using a balance ball at her desk a long time ago to help her back and it worked wonders, but of course, the looks you get. she only brings out later in the day or when she is really stressed now.

Tink said...

*Gasp* I want one!