Thursday, January 04, 2007

Random Thursday

Reading stuff:
I’m reading a mystery that takes place in the Twin Cities. They may have given away the murderer early on in the book. That sort of pissed me off. But then I figure it was probably too easy and that person isn’t the murderer but rather a plot device to send me off on the wrong trail. If he is the murderer I’m done reading this author. There’s no joy in knowing who it is from the first 50 pages.

Love stuff
The hubster and I quite often have our thoughts on the same wave length. And something that was just in my head will come out of his mouth. This works both ways.
But then there are other days when I feel like I live with a complete stranger and it’s weird.

Dog Stuff:
Caleb let me pet him for the longest amount of time EVER the other night. Of course I had to reach half way across the living room to do it and I only got to scratch him on the ear and the chin but hey, it’s progress

Food Stuff:
I actually turned down a brownie yesterday at a going away party. I took a bottle of water and went back to my desk. I’m SUCH a good girl. I have aspirations to eat better this year. And not just eat because there is food available. So far so good!


Shoe stuff:
I bought these yesterday on clearance. They still show up on the internet for around 65-75 bucks. I paid 23. The girls at work who have seen them all said the same thing: “Oh my god those are SO you.”


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Movie Stuff:
We watched “Drop Dead Gorgeous” on New Year Eve. That movie cracks me up. And Minnesotan’s are SO not all like that.

TV Stuff:
I have discovered too many years too late that I like the show Scrubs. A friend of mine also just discovered it. Now I have to work on catching up.

Clothes stuff:
I have this problem with pet hair on pants and other items of clothing. I own more of those little tape rollers than a person probably should. Some people come in to work in the morning and make coffee. I come into work and de-fur myself.

Minnesota stuff:
Our temps remain in the 30’ and 40’s. This is one of the best winters here EVER for me.
But I am a little nervous about my plants. Some are budding, leafing, sprouting, you name it. That’s usually not a good sign. Because then they get confused when it gets below freezing. And when spring actually does come the buds/flowers/leaves are fewer and less spectacular. Or they don’t come back at all. Also, we don’t have much snow and snow acts as an insulator. So overall this is good for me but bad for nature.

Family stuff:
I was surprised when I gave dad Haunted to read and he let me know the other night that it is now one of his all time favorite books ever. This book is seriously demented. But, like dad and I talked about, it is also dead on in its’ philosophy of human nature.

Coffee stuff:
Last night I waited for the hubster at Starbucks, read my book, and really relaxed. It was nice. I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that I frequent a Starbucks. In the case of coffee near work they win. That’s the bottom line. I have to tip my hat to that particular store manager. He/She has trained the staff to make a consistent cup of coffee.

Coffee Stuff take two:
I would like to add that if I lived in Indy this would not be the case. A very nice person made a mocha for me there and it was darned near the best I ever had. To make it even better the coffee shop supports local artists. Now that is a coffee shop I wish I could frequent.

Sleep stuff:
Last night I dreamt that Gerard Butler was going to be the next Indiana Jones. I think this came from the news brief on the new movie they are heading into production with. It still is starring Harrison Ford. But when you think about it, he would make a cute new Indy. And given that Harry is 62 I think that Gerard could easily be his son. What was really funny about this was the Indy music theme playing in my head, really loudly. It’s still there.

Dun Duh Dun Duh Dun Duh Duh Dun Duh Dun Duh Dun Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh

Hum it with me……………………………….

December stats:

Search terms (that brought people to my site)
feeling my aunt's nyloned feet – apparently I have a fetish I wasn’t aware of.
"miami ink"+"pit bull" – of all their tattoos this would not be one I would talk about.
roger whittaker and unicorns – I believe in both if you must know
tmi moment – what? Who? Me? I never have one of those.
the muse (somedays) – not just some day’s but ALL days
shirtless fight – if it was topless fight I would know how Cynical Bastard found me

Top Countries
US
Canada
UKFrance
Unknown – those aliens are getting to be bigger and bigger fans
Germany
Netherlands
Australia

Top referrers:
Cynical Bastard
Pickled Beef
Bettys New Trick

5 comments:

Jay said...

There's so much here I don't know what to comment.

I know. I think it's cool that "aliens" is 5th highest on your visitor list. What are you going to do when they ask you to take them to your leader? I mean, they're not gonna like DUBYA, ya know.

steve said...

I feel your pain on the clothing vs. pet hair battle. Melissa and I buy the tape rollers in bulk at Costco, and I keep one in my car and one in my desk at work. Black clothes suffer the most. Neverending battle.

I have a tough time with Starbuck's. A good friend of mine used to run her own cool little coffee shop in Pasadena, and she got run out of business by two Starbucks that popped up nearby and started some pretty aggressive tactics to beat her down.

I do not believe in Roger Whitaker.

Tink said...

Those shoes are AWESOME! Can I drool on them for a little bit. ;)

My new favorite drink at Starbucks is Chai with a little milk and honey in it. Mmmm.

Kell said...

Those shoes are amazing! Very nice.

I don't go to Starbucks any more since I found a coffee roaster in town. It's impossible to make a bad cup of coffee at home now, so I don't go out for coffee as much. It's a 3-way battle here: Starbucks, Scooters, and Caribou. I'd go to Scooters before the other two.

graymama said...

Since I live in a college town, there are more coffe shops, liquor stores and restaurants than I can count. My new favorite find is the knitting store/coffee shop :-)

I think I am an anti-girl because I don't like shoes. Maybe your aliens did something with me when I was little :-P