Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Loads of nothing

It would appear my Muse is on vacation. So, here's some "stuff"

Dinner tonight: Tater Tot Casserole

1 can of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken
1/2-1 can of milk
about 3 cups of chicken - we shred up chicken from a grocery store roasted chicken
1 cup of shredded cheese - pick your favorite flavor
1-2 cups of peas or your favorite veggie
1 bag of tater tots - I like the mini's

Mix the soups together till they are well blended - heat a little if you have to to get the cream of chicken to break up nicely
Add veggies, cheese, and chicken
Mix it all together
Cover the whole mixture with a layer of tater tots - about 2/3 of the bag

Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or so - until tater tots are nice and crispy brown

Eat

This ends up tasting like a modified version of chicken pot pie. I love it.

************************

I mentioned that I made whole wheat cookies. The hubster didn't like them at all. He said they tasted funny. I guess I expected the "wheat" taste so I thought they were good. But I would guess kids wouldn't really like them. So, back to the drawing board. If I figure out a good way to make them I'll post the recipe.

************************

I'm going to start investigating the feasiblity of opening my own business. We probably don't have the capital to do it but there are good business loans for women out there so I'm going to at least investigate this. I swore to myself that if I found myself job hunting again I would consider it. And do more than just wishfully ponder the idea. So, since work isn't as satisfying as it used to be I found myself checking out the job sites on the web. Which means I have to be true to my promise to myself and at least see if it's possible. The hubster asked me what sort of business I would open and I told him a girly store. I would model it off a store not too far from here in Wisconsin. Basically I would want to stock unique jewelry, clothes, shoes, accessories, gifts, books, cards, etc. Stuff to make a girl feel unique and pretty. I have a dream of where I would put it. But affording that area of the twin cities will be a whole other matter. I have sent away for a small business guide for Minnesota and once I get that the ball will get rolling. I'm kind of excited. And it would appear that the hubster will support me 100%. I think he really liked the idea when I told him I would take Tinker to work. She could be the token cute store kitty.

***************************

As it stands I may be getting to meet a fellow blog buddy this coming weekend. I am SO excited.

***************************

I'm just over half way through The Bookseller of Kabul. It's very good. I am learning a lot about Afghan culture. It's fascinating. Much like The Kite Runner it's a great story as well as an educational insight into a culture I know very little about.

***************************

The puppies are chasing each other around. They are so cute. Caleb is doing great. He's so much more social. We have a long way to go but we have come so far.............

****************************

Well, holy crap. I guess I had a lot more to say than I thought.

9 comments:

Jay said...

That tator tot dinner sounds really damn good. I thought the whole weat cookies sounded like they woudl be good too.

As for the business it sounds like a great idea. I hope you can find a great spot to put it in. Maybe some little specialty shop village or some place like that.

Kell said...

That's a great idea to open a shop. And you should definitely have your own jewelry in there.

Huh, whaddaya know. I'm going to Minneapolis to see a blogging buddy! Small word. And I can't wait either.

steve said...

Dang. That post was a veritable cornucopia of nothing.

Whole wheat cookies sound... awful. Dig anything with tater tots in it, though.

I dig your store idea - being our own boss will be a beautiful thing.

J-Funk said...

Wow! A whole store all your own started by you! What a concept! Sounds like a good idea to me... but I don't know much about opening a store. Maybe you'll have a good nose for the girly-business being a jewelry maker and all. Good luck!

graymama said...

Hooray, you shared your tater tot hot dish recipe! teehee Hubby will come home tomorrow thinking we have moved back to Minneapolis.

Hooray for your own store! Tell me when it opens, and I will send all your Wisconsin jewelry admirers your way :-)

Hooray for Caleb!

Oh, and I would never consider one of your posts to be "loads of nothing." :-)

MplsMel said...

love the store idea and good luck with it. I have always toyed with that idea myself (a gift shop or a yarn shop), but it's never seemed to be the right time.

Tink said...

I think owning your own shop is a great idea! You could have an online catalog for all us distant friends who'd like to buy from you. Shoot, I could visit and help you take pictures. Ah the possibilities. ;)

Nettie said...

am I still employable in this business venture of yours?

mike said...

I'm gonna have to try that tater tot recipe, but I am but a single guy--how does it reheat?

Good luck with the store idea. I think it sounds great and knowing your taste, it'd probably be a big success.