Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Blogger Identity

So I was having a conversation with Girl J today. And it went like this:

Newt: Sure I’d love to go shopping with you so you can use your rewards check. That would be fun. I just can’t go tonight because Digital Janitor and Melba are coming over for dinner.
Girl J: Seriously?
Newt: Yep, isn’t that cool.
Newt: And then in less than two weeks I get to spend some time with Tis Herself.
Girl J: Seriously? How do you get to see here?
Newt: She’s making a day trip up here for a big convention. Oh, and I had a very sweet message from Tink about the book she had just finished.”
Girl J: Oh, speaking of books, how can I add Lone Sophist to my blog list?”
Newt: Oh, that’s easy……….gives directions
Girl J: Cool, thanks, she’s so sweet.
Newt: Yes she is, I like her a lot. She was one of the first blogs I ever read.
Newt: Oh, speaking of which I have to send Greymama that picture.
Girl J: Is Greymama the one with Buddy?
Newt: Yep.
Girl J: She’s so nice.

It’s like we are talking in code. And, yes, “Seriously” is her favorite word. In fact she has a shirt that says “Seriously?” on it.

Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me?

8 comments:

Jay said...

Actually I do this too. When I talk to mom and to Kell we often refer to people by their blog identities. Sometimes I ad where they are located too. "I was reading 'Newt ... she's in Minnesota' and ..." Or something like "Tink ... from Pickled Beef ..."

It's really pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

B and I do this all the time and he only reads my blog! Yet, somehow, he's managed to memorize everyone I talk about.

This either makes all of us weird or... all of us are weird.

Nettie said...

SERIOUSLY! This Girl J sounds a little weird if you ask me.

Tink said...

I try to use everyone's real names, since I don't blog with any RL friends. Although they do slip out every once in awhile. My Mom asked me the other night who Newt was. *Snort*

graymama said...

Thank you for posting such a sweet comment. It really warmed my heart <3 :-)

Anonymous said...

I have RL friends who are always amazed that I only know my blogger friends from the blogs. They are just amazed that I really haven't met anyone. Stangely, it seems normal to me.

Trish said...

I say seriously all the time. It's seriously starting to become a problem.

Jay and I talk about bloggers like that all the time. If I know their real names, I have to think about it for a second, LOL.

Trish said...

Oops, I meant the Jay who lives at my house, not the Jay in the above comments, LOL.