Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A little humiliation - A little Newt photo history

So I was looking through my computer and I found this:









Yes, I had a mullet of some weird sort. But it is also me with my Aunt Betty and Uncle Phil.


And if we really want to humiliate the old Newtster:

I wore pink and lacy for prom:













But lets not forget my own version of an 80's hair band










*
*
*
*
*
*
This is the picture from my dad that started our little Pink Flamingo thing:














And yes, this is my dad vacuuming his fake grass carpet.












This is Rosie, the dog dad brought home one afternoon as a surprise. We had her for 13 years.














This is my Grandma Flo and Grandpa Tony - They are gone now and I miss them dearly.





















7 comments:

Jay said...

Those are great pictures. Isn't it great to come across old family pics and stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I love 'em! I can even relate to the prom dress (tho mine was white). I also love the pic of your dad vacuuming his lawn. ;0)

Thanks for sharing these with us.

steve said...

I once wore a prom dress that was that same exact color and similar style, but also featured black polka dots. With fishnets and combat boots, it made a badass Halloween costume.

MplsMel said...

Flo and Tony look really cool! The other pics are great as well.

BTW, LOVE the new header!

Tink said...

I had a Grandma Flo too! I love the third picture. Didn't you feel so cool back then? I look back on pictures of me with the flip bangs, the overalls with one strap hanging loose, and the metal snap bracelets and I think...

Oh yeah, I WAS cool.

Not really. But I hear positive thinking is everything.

Trish said...

I had one of those dresses, maybe a shade darker. And cute dog, she looks just like our dachshund.

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman to post these. Isn't it scarey to see how horrible something we once thought was so cool actually is?

Great new header!