Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007 Part 2

New Years day was spent lounging. I read an entire book. And it was marvelous.

I also attempted to read this book but I couldn’t get past page 65. It was trying too hard to be slapstick or clever or something and it wasn’t working for me. Which was an unexpected bummer for me. I’ve been looking forward to reading this book for a long time. But I mentioned my struggles with Boy J and he had the same problem. He didn’t care for it either. And given the reviews I’m a little surprised. I did however bring it to work. Every once in a while I forget to bring whatever book I’m reading with me. Then come lunch I am totally at a loss. So this way I have a back-up.

So now I am reading this book. And I like it so far.

I have updated my Literary Blog with the latest books.

We did break out of our sloth routine and walked over to Boy J and R’s house to finish off the New Year snacks and to watch some Simpsons and Heroes. Ok, so the only non-sloth activity was the three block walk to their house. Because as soon as we got to their place we resumed our slothing.

On the fun and uber girly side I got a call from Girl J letting me know that the DSW holiday sale got even better. See they have these racks in the back of the store that are clearance shoes. And you take 30,40,50, or 70% off the tag price. Well on top of that they had an additional 50% off. So shoes were seriously dirt cheap. I got the hubster some Dockers casual dress shoes (lace up, don’t worry Scott), I also got him some sneakers. For myself I got a pair of mid-calf boots in brown. A pair of brown dress heals, and a pair of black “ballerina” sketchers. They are super cute and dressy enough to wear at work. In total we got 5 pairs of shoes for less than 80 bucks. I don’t think that’s too bad.

4 comments:

Kell said...

I almost got Good Omens the other day, now I'm glad I didn't. I think I'll leave that as a library choice.

Tink said...

I almost bought "Good Omens" too. I'm glad I read your quick review first. I just picked up the fourth book in the Kushiel series, another huge book. I think I'll be good on brain food for awhile. :)

Anonymous said...

I have shoe sale envy.

graymama said...

Neil Gaiman spoke at the university I attended. He was quite witty. Too bad the book is no good :-(

I am a Sandman fan :-)