Thursday, January 25, 2007

Good friends, good food, good times

I live in a madhouse. Currently with two dogs in “rehab” a whole lot of barking goes on. And they feed off each other. And that creates more chaos.

So, I have to say Thank You to DJ and Melba for managing to not run away screaming half way through the night.

We had a most fabulous dinner – take-out from Wongs. And a really good bottle of wine brought by DJ and Melba. Good talk. And then a rousing game of Apples to Apples. We declared Melba the winner by a mile after all three of our Green Apple card piles didn’t quite equal the size of hers. DJ and myself were tied for “bottom of the ol’ barrel”

Anyway, it was tons of fun. And we really enjoyed ourselves. They are an awesome couple. Very down to earth.

It was a most perfect evening.

5 comments:

MplsMel said...

We also had a great time. We will have to do it again very very soon!

BTW, the pets are cute. If you find Max missing don't look our way ;).

Jay said...

I don't think I've ever palyed Apples to Apples. See how deprived I am?

I'll have to Google it to see what it is.

Courtney said...

What's doggie rehab?

- Courtney

Newt said...

MplsMel - soon would be good - and Max I'm sure would love a vacation from chaos

Jay - your family would LOVE Apples to Apples. It's one of the best games I have ever played with a group

Courtney - we have two rescues that came from a very neglected puppy mill - they had been in foster care for a year before we took them - their foster mom was very good to them but they still have a ways to go before they trust humans to any extent. So we sort of think of it as rehab.

Anonymous said...

Apples to Apples is one of the few board games I like...probably because it's more interactive and doesn't use a board!

Glad you had such good fun!