Thursday, June 08, 2006

Not your normal Thursday

So, I worked from home today. I had to go have the stitches taken out from the ice cream scooping. On the way there I met the hubster for lunch. Along with 3 other former co-workers. I worked for his company for several years but left because I suffered from "female with a brain" syndrome. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. And nice to see everyone. And if you (fellow blogger) ever come to the twin cities I will take you for a juicy Lucy. Heaven in a bun. And the best fries on the planet. I also did a quick hello in the building. Well, the major topic was the black tie optional wedding. I guess the hubster had been telling everyone about it. Apparently several people have been telling me that they have never been invited to a black tie optional event before. And everyone wants to see pictures.

It's rather odd that in a room of middle class highly educated america there appear to be more people that have never gone to one than those that have. I guess I just assumed that black tie events were relatively common place. But how common are black tie events? Outside of prom, and actually being in a wedding, seriously folks, how many people out there attend them? I'm now kinda curious.

So, we have a hand fasting in June, the big "show" in August. And then in October we have the wedding of our closest friend. Very dejavu. The year we got married we had our ceremony in June, another friends wedding in August, and my child hood friends wedding in October. Well, they say every seven years things change. So, here we go, another round of happily ever after........And good things come in threes.

So working from home allows me to accomplish the following:
That extra cup of coffee
Concentration on project at hand
Laundry
Happy puppies
Lunch with the hubster
Visit to the doctor
Flip flops from Marshall fields ( I didn't confess that diversion did I?)
More time with the happy puppies
More concentration on super sucky project
and last but not least:
more quality time on the swiss ball

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had to wear a "black tie" outside of the one Army Ball I went to. Then again, I don't associate with many high fallutin' folks. : )

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky if I get invited to events that require A tie, much less a black one.

Anonymous said...

I've done a few black tie things. Mostly fundraisers and things like that, but I've never been to a wedding that actually specified black tie even as an option.

And didnt you once tell me that In 'n'Out Burger was the food of the gods? Now it's this Juicy Lucy place... or maybe its a person?