Thursday, June 01, 2006

Avoiding endings and 367 and counting

I put off and put off watching the season finale of 24. I just didn’t want it to end. Last year Jack walked off into the sunset and I was good with that. I had some closure. And seeing as January in Minnesota means winter I wasn’t in any hurry for the show to begin again.

This year! Curse them! Those bastards ended the show with a cliff hanger. They didn’t even give Jack the chance to go to the bathroom. Come on! The dude has got to pee sometime. Sheesh!

Alright, enough about 24. The good news is I won’t be blogging about it for another 7 months. At this time I just look forward to the new season of Stargate SG1 and the release of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Until then, I get more reading done. My list climbed up to 367 thanks to Jay. Plus being light outside till after 9 pm means I can sit outside and read in my lounge chair. Barring mosquito’s of course. I think I will ask the hubster to put up the screen room this year. We bought the darn thing, why the heck not use it???? How nice it would be to lounge around in the fresh air with a good book and a glass of wine! I’ll have to push for some kind of better outdoor lighting too. I’m a very demanding spouse.

I’m looking forward to the weekend. I’m going to help my friend plan out her new landscaping. I’m not sure if that makes us sick or not? Excited about manual labor?
In the hot sun? Yikes…………..But I am. It’s going to be fun!

So, random books on my list:
Tokyo Suckerpunch by Isaac Adamson
Night Train by Martin Amis
Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster
Please Don’t Come Back from the Moon by Dean Bakopoulos
The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier
The War of Don Emmanuel’s Nether Parts by Louis De Bermieres
Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard by Kiran Desai
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Next Step in the Dance by Tim Goutreaux
You Poor Monster by Michael Kun
A Taxonomy of Barnacles by Galt Niederhoffer
The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
Love and Other Impossible Pursuits by Ayelet Waldman
A Small Death in Lisbon by Robert Wilson
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

So, if you have read any of these and they were either exceptionally good or horribly bad feel free to let me know. This way I can either move them up in my list or cross them off.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I'm sad 24 is over too, we have to wait until January for another season!

jodi said...

Shadow of the Wind was very good and I'll be rereading it (hopefully) this summer.