Monday, June 26, 2006

Daisies, punks, shoes (of course), pirates, and more pirates.

I went out into my front yard this morning and seemingly over night my daisies exploded. They are blooming all over the yard and they look just beautiful. I would kill for a digital camera right now so I could show you.

I live in a sleepy little small town suburb of St. Paul. We have festivals, parades, and parties pretty regularly. It’s nice to be in a town that still believes in community spirit. So it was somewhat shocking to see that a garage and a stone wall on one of the main streets had been tagged. And not just some little shit scrawling his name. But massive property damaging graffiti. It was very disheartening to see. Not many days after the damage had been done a reward sign went up. You have to love a town that doesn’t take graffiti as a common occurrence. There are some places in the country where tagging is the “accepted” norm that people just live with. For example California. You just keep extra buckets of paint in the garage for the inevitable. So I was happy to see that our little town won’t just take this sitting down. We aren’t rich, we aren’t snobby, we truly are a small town with all ages and all incomes. The concentration is actually toward the low income range. But a low income range that has a great deal of pride in their home, their community, and in themselves.

I spent Sunday with my friends from Germany. We had a great time shopping. Sometimes when they visit they don’t have a long shopping list. But this time they had quite a few things they wanted to get. So we hit Kohl’s and Target, and the outlet center. It was a lot of fun. I got the cutest Keds sneakers. They are pink with yellow and white daisies on them. And since they were 5 bucks I picked up two pairs. Cause I know the first bit of dirt on them will bum me out. I also found a tank top that says “A Pirates Life for Me” with a sparrow on it of course. That little gem was at Target. It’s now my favorite lounge around the house shirt.

Is it sick that I can’t wait for July 7th? I can’t wait to have two big screen hours with Capt. Jack. As you noticed I changed my Newt’s Muse image in anticipation. Oh, and now my husband tells me that the video game being released tomorrow, Depp actually leant his voice to the game. How cool is that? Yeah, I’ll be getting that PC game. Is it normal for a 30+odd, closer to 40 (arghhhhh) years old woman to be drooling on a star?
Do I need help?

Just curious, Yaaarrrr matey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no less normal than a closer to 40 y/o man to be drooling over the same. Though I wouldnt turn down Orlando either.