Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Absolut Newt - randomness for the day

Random thoughts rattling around my head:

*There was a write up on a book called Stewart, A life Backwards. I want to read it. It sounds like one of those stories that might change you a little bit.

*We were at the kitty shelter last night. We have some of the cutest kitties there. I always wonder why it take them so long to find a home. The hubster was kneeling down to visit one of the kitties. The little guy put his front paws on hubby's leg and just enjoyed getting his pets. And then tried to climb up to lay down on his knee. The kitty was just so content and happy to get love.

*I forget until summer how much I love cherries - then when they have them at the store I get giddy with happiness - I guess this is one way to surprise a simpleton (that would be me)

*Summer Solstice is my least favorite day of the year. From here on out the days get shorter. Sigh....................when you live in the great north it means snow is almost here...............

*Alright, I exaggerate a little sometimes..................

*I wish there was more time in the day to read - but then my life could end up like the dude in the twilight zone and that would suck

*The most honest statement I could ever make: I'm afraid to have kids because my child might be mentally handicapped. The odds are millions to one, but I don't know if I could handle rolling those dice. That sounds horrible and selfish, but it's about as honest as I can ever be. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love my child more than life itself no matter what happened, it is just a fear that is too great for me to overcome.

*I want ice cream.

*Starbucks came out with a seasonal cookie. Right now they have lightly frosted fruit shaped sugar cookies. The frosting is just lightly citrus. And they are very tasty. But then, sugar cookies if made just right are my favorite cookie.

*Hmmm, apparently I'm hungry...................

*I watched a CNN interview with Johnny Depp. I still like him. Sometimes you see people "live" and they bug the snot out of you. Not him.

*I also watched a clip of an interview with Bruce Springsteen. He's never been comfortable in front of a camera interview wise. And he sure as hell wasn't during this interview. But he zinged news reporters including the one doing the interviewing. "Present company included" DAMN.I just love that man. Rock stars shouldn't be political. Give me a break. Bono was up for a Pulitzer. I just have to laugh at that whole thing. It's those right winged whack jobs that don't want the rockers to be political. Cause they have one hell of a bigger audience than any politician. The link to the interview is in Bruce's name. The time stamp is about 1 minute 50 seconds if you want to hear the zing.

*Sometimes I feel completely helpless when it comes to my friends or anyone for that matter. There are no magic bandaids for life and the stuff that happens. Why can't there be magic bandaids?

2 comments:

Tink said...

AH! Your new look is BEAUUUTIFUL!

Your fears about having kids are really common. I started voicing to a group of friends one time that I feared that very thing and come to find out they all did. That shouldn't keep you from expanding your family though!

Mmmm. Ice cream.

Mmmm. Cookies.

You're awful. Now I have a sweet tooth!

Anonymous said...

That's a topic that R and I have covered many times while discussing starting our family. There are no guarantees in life, but if you want it enough, you just close your eyes and take the plunge.