Thursday, June 29, 2006

House Cleaning at Newt's Place

The dream:
A house that is pet hair free for more than 5 minutes

The reality:
2 dogs and 4 cats. Need I say more.

The dream:
The the hubster could manage to keep a surface free of clutter for 5 minutes

The reality:
I move surface clutter that has been growing dust for weeks. He notices said objects are gone in under 10 seconds. And throws a fit that they are critical documents that he needs.
Surface clutter is back. (though it is now dust free)

The dream:
That I could prepare one meal in which pet hair is not an ingredient.

The reality:
We can’t have company over for dinner who are not pet owners.

The dream:
That I can get from one end of the room with the dust mop and not turn around and see pet hair at the other end already

The reality:
Max goes diving into the toy box for his mummy leaving a trail of dog hair dancing in the air.

The dream:
The a cat won’t vomit his/her entire meal for just one day so the house can be presentable for company

The reality:
Already used three paper towels and 5 squirts of pine sol this morning.

The dream:
That the floor I just washed will look clean and smell fresh at least till about 9 tonight

The reality:
Is that coffee spots on my floor?

The dream:
That the couch cover will look clean and tucked in till about 9 tonight

The reality:
Tufts of dog hair and one side pulled out before I walked out the door this morning.

The dream:
That the dogs will poop in an inconspicuous spot just for today so we can actually walk out on the lawn and maybe have dinner on the garden table.

The reality:
Awww man, is that dog shit right by the walkway in front of the back door?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LMAO..do you think you are the ONLY person with these dreams dear woman?

I got ya beat..2 dogs and 8 cats..cat hair is the worst I swear.

I love this post.