Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A gem

My dad got a book from a coffee shop friend of his. It’s called “Last Days of Summer” by Steve Kluger. He absolutely loved the story and told me that I had to read it. So I picked it up last night. I’m a little less than half way through the story and I have to admit this is one gem of a book. This book is laugh out loud funny. It is also told in a very different format. The entire book is done in letters, new clippings, report cards, memos, and various other short and sweet forms of communication.

Dad said that he got up at 3 am to finish the book, I can understand why. If I didn’t have a dozen meetings today I think I would have called in sick. (Okay, not really because tonight is my monthly mall night out with friends) but it is that good.

Anyway, check it out. I think you too will fall under its spell.

1 comment:

Tink said...

Heya! Ok... So you truly inspired me. The whole story (thus far) has been pieced together.

THANK YOU.

Have a great weekend.