Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bare toes bare witness to nature's glory

Spring means great thing for Minnesotans - fresh warm air and bright warm sun. It means shedding the layers, painting toes and wearing sandals, and heading outside. Downtown goes from empty streets to crowded social occasions. Everyone is outside and everyone is happy. No, really, you look around at the faces and they are genuinely happy. Every make and model in this city has a smile on his or her face. It's the best time of year here.

I walked down to the river (Mississippi) for lunch today. I grabbed a park bench and read a book. Well not a whole book but I could have. The temperature was perfect, it was peaceful and quiet and just all around glorious. I didn't want to go back inside.

Having come from an always warm climate I never basked in the glory of nature as much as I have learned to do here. It's a very different attitude about the world around you. And until you live in a seasonal climate it's hard to understand. It's very refreshing and magical. I don't know how else to describe it.

So today, along with a thousand other Minnesotans I worshiped nature in all her glory and splendor. It was wonderful...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you! I felt the same way after having moved to Ohio from Georgia. It really does make you appreciate Spring more. But I can't WAIT to get back to the warm weather!