Monday, April 10, 2006

Fun, sun, and poop!


Friday we just hung around the house. I cleaned up some of the yard and then crashed on the couch for a little Dr. Who.

Saturday I had breakfast with J. Always fun. Then met A. at a craft show. Very high end show with nothing I could afford. But that is okay. I got some inspirations for jewelry to make.

Saturday afternoon we putzed some more around the yard. Almost done with the annual post winter poop scoop! I swear I vow every year to go out with the dogs and clean up daily so as not to have to partake in the spring poop disaster from hell. But as with every previous year I stick one toe and my nose outside and decide that spring poop clean up ain’t that bad! I do aspire to go out about 3-4 times during the winter to at least clean up some of it. But it’s frozen solid to the ground or into the ice and snow. Not easy, nor pleasant. Oh well. Such is life with the pups.

Sunday was another mellow day. I did start the spring cleaning,. We emptied the living room out, sucked up all the puppy tumble weeds, found all the toys lost under the couch, the dog food that the cats kick around, etc………..Washed the floor and made the room all pretty like. Even had the windows and doors open for a while yesterday.

Lastly our friends came over and we watched Narnia. We grilled for the first time this year! YIPPEE! And made a batch of Chinese cole slaw salad. Nothing says warm weather is coming better than grilled meat and yummy salads.







Then we watched the Simpsons. I’ve been looking forward to this episode as it starred Richard Dean Anderson. And I have as big a crush on him as Selma and Patty. It was awesome. They had a lot of fun with the episode.
Now we just have to get John Stewart on the show. Both he and Richard Dean Anderson have always made references to the Simpsons. John Stewart does impressions and quotes the show all the time during Daily Show. And aside from Patty and Selma being in love with MacGyver, Richard Dean Anderson's character Jack O'Neil on Stargate SG! has always made references to the Simpsons.





Oh, and Midsummer Murders was back on last night so we watched that. It was a great episode. And since it is a British show my husband had his tea while he watched.

No comments: