Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Broken hearts


Back in the fall I fell in love with a puppy on Petfinder. But she was in bad shape and needed a person that would be there for her all the time. I had to travel for 2 weeks and didn't think it would have been fair to her. So, I said to myself that if she was still there when I got back I would go get her. But, fortunately for my already over populated house she was adopted.

I am an animal freak of the weirdest (weird in a good way) kind so I always check to see who's up for adoption. Just in case, cause you never know when you heart will get stolen away. Well, damn if my little girl isn't back up for adoption. But, and this is a big but, she is now a pair adoption. Which would officially force Matt Groening to make me "The Crazy Dog Lady" on the Simpsons. So, sigh....I have to sit back and let my heart break from a distance. By the way, she is the little one on the right.

So, anyone out there who has the urge to come to Minnesota and get a couple of dogs, come on over! I'll buy you a drink, leash, bed, and some food too :-)

As for crazy dog lady, just ask Mike or Scott. I've emailed them both puppies in their area that they should check out. I can't help it. There are so many tiny angels out there that need a good home.

So, little lila, I wish I could be your mommy but, alas, we are already over our legal limit.

I will just sit quietly and cry.................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are cute as hell, but will take a ton of work to properly socialize. The fact that they are especially terrifed of men makes it that much harder for them to be adopted too.

Tink said...

Bless your kind heart. I would LOVE to adopt those two cuties. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. Two dogs is almost too much for my little lot of land. I hope they get a good home soon.

Anonymous said...

I doubt Howie or Will would EVER let me have more than 1 dog in the house. My daughter on the other hand is like you Newt, she could never have enough puppies :)