Monday, October 16, 2006

Who let it be Monday???

The weekend went way to fast. Our friend Boy J tied the knot this weekend. Friday night we had a really nice rehearsal and then dinner at the fancy schmancy St. Paul Hotel. It was a marvelous meal. I sat outside during the rehearsal since I’m not in the wedding and I wanted to be “surprised”. This allowed me some good quality quiet time with my book.

Saturday was the big day. I found a beautiful top in shades of pink and purple that I wore with a long black velvet skirt. My mom had made me a beautiful light pink shawl that she knitted as fast as her little fingers could go just so I would have it for the wedding. I had originally planned to wear my gypsy skirt from the earlier “black tie optional” wedding. But it was a little too chilly for a light weight skirt and top. She hoped maybe the shawl would be warm enough to complete the outfit but I opted to go a little warmer. However I made sure the top I bought went with pink. The whole outfit was built around that shawl. Bless her heart.

I also forgot that the skirt I wore was long but it had a slit that went right up the side. The hubster had to point out that it was quite the sexy little surprise and more than just he “noticed”. Wink wink, sexy growl noise. Of course I completed the outfit with a pair of strappy high healed sandals.

So, I was dressed to kill and off I went to get “Bridezilla” from the hair dressers. I picked up her mom first than we flew to the salon. Grabbed the bride and the maid of honor and then flew on into St. Paul. Thank the wedding gods the cops were elsewhere. Cause we was running a little late due to a back-up on the freeway from debris on the road.

After dropping off Bridezilla and her entourage at the Landmark Center where the ceremony was to be held I parked the car. Then I just HAD to go to Bockstrucks jewelers to see if they had any good stuff left. They are a high end fancy jeweler in St. Paul that is closing it’s doors after 127 years of business. Sigh…………. I managed to find something within our budget which despite 70% off wasn’t easy.
So after the ceremony, which was beautiful and perfect. The hubster and I stopped at the store to pick up the ring I had chosen. It’s by Hidalgo. It’s an 18K white gold band with red enamel hearts dancing around the band. I loved it. And so did the hubster. He thought it was very “me”.

Then off we went to the reception. The reception was a Forepaughs, which is a nice little restaurant on the outskirts of downtown St. Paul. It’s located in an old mansion. The food was excellent. The highlight of the reception came early when all of the friends gathered around a small table in the bar and just got to visit. It was SOOO nice. The boys tried a few different years of Scotch. I had the usual Bailey’s on ice. And a few other drinks whose names I can’t remember. These are the friends whose wedding I went to 8 years ago that changed my life. We have stayed close despite the fact that half of us are in Minnesota and half in California.

Saturday ended with us going over to “C”’s house to spend more time with all our friends. We played a game similar to Monopoly but it revolves around farming. It was pretty cool.

Sunday the hubster and I volunteered to return the tux’s. As well as drop off the wedding dress for preservation. While we were there we also went to Joseph Banks and got the hubster a suit and a sports coat that was all cashmere. Oh man did the hubster look good in that coat. And so soft. I could pet him forever. The price of the coat wasn’t all that bad considering I see these skimpy thin little cashmere sweaters for women that cost upwards of 200 bucks. And he got an entire heavy weight sport coat for not much more than that.

We also went Sunday night to be with our friends. This time we played Apples to Apples and a card game I can’t remember the name of. It was just fun to be hanging out with the people we miss so much.

So, that’s the wedding weekend. It was a perfect wedding. And we couldn’t be happier for Boy J and R.

**The reference to Bridezilla is in jest. I was teasing her that I should have decorated the car with Bridezilla on Board before picking her up. She said she would have loved it. She was actually a very calm and easy going bride who just enjoyed her day. Hats off to R for SO not being a bridezilla.

To hear about the puppies, flip on over to Puppy’s Progress

4 comments:

Tink said...

Your Mom made you a shawl on the fly? Awwww, how awesome! Got pics?

Jay said...

Sounds like you kept pretty busy most of the weekend. I'm not a big fan of weddings. Actually the two things I don't normally do are weddings and funerals.

J-Funk said...

Forepaughs! I love that place!! My Studly Hubby took me there once for a treat and we still remember it fondly. It was so fancy we didn't know what to do with ourselves. That's really neat-o that the reception was there.

Sounds like a lovely wedding weekend.

J-Funk said...

Forepaughs! I love that place!! My Studly Hubby took me there once for a treat and we still remember it fondly. It was so fancy we didn't know what to do with ourselves. That's really neat-o that the reception was there.

Sounds like a lovely wedding weekend.