Thursday, October 12, 2006

Checking in and catching up

It's been a busy week. I had another group in town for training this week. We spent Tuesday with a couple customers who came in early for some specific training. Then Wed. and Thurs. was devoted to a larger than normal group. Wed. ended up being a 14 hour work day. Yippee!

So now it is Thursday night and I can relax a little and catch up. I just sent the boys off to Bachelor party land. And now the house is quiet except for the pitter patter of furry feet.

The puppies continue to make progress. Lila loves to steal shoes. She doesn't do anything to them, just collects them. Caleb continues to get braver every day around us. And even came out to visit company. It's got to be overwhelming for both of them to have all the guys here as we head into the wedding weekend of a friend.

I find myself missing the quiet time of late. I have a really good book to read but I haven't had a lot of time in which to hunker down.

I wish I could say it's been a more eventful week but the truth is it's been pretty darn boring.

So, instead of babbling about a whole lot of nothing I think I will sign off and go read more interesting blogs.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention the new pups. I just visited Bailey this evening.

She's adorable. Barks when she's excited, and is still puppyish at 5 years old, but wow! What a sweetie. I fudged with her owners so I could think it over, but I'd be a fool to pass on her.

Jay said...

"Lila loves to steal shoes. She doesn't do anything to them, just collects them."

So, your new puppy is a Klepto? haha ... Sounds like they are getting pretty comfortable though.

Kell said...

You've been a busy girl! You know it's bad when you don't have time to read.

I got the Thirteenth Tale today and am going to start it tomorrow since Al is heading out of town. I also got The Historian because I still haven't read it and it was $8 at Borders! That's cheaper than the paperback that just came out. I had to just walk away from all the other books that looked good. If I won the lottery, I'd buy my own bookstore, then I wouldn't have to practice such self-control.

Newt said...

Mike - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jay - yeah, she's funny. I have these sneakers that probably weigh as much as she does (super thick soles to make me taller) and she dragged the second one all the way down the stairs and into the pile this morning. She's too funny.

Kell, You'll have to tell me how the Historian is. It's on my list. Though maybe I need to go to borders to see if I can score a cheap copy too :-)