Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Good, the bad, and the downright ugly

The Good:
Whoever came up with the idea of putting blinkers on the side view mirrors of cars. Genius I say, sheer genius.

The Bad:
Whoever came up with the idea of spinning rims. They drive me nuts! For one, the people that have them tend to be psychotic drivers to begin with. Add to that the fact that they always look like they are moving and you get a whole lot of distrust in driving. Primarily this bothers me at stop signs and stop lights. I mean I would already assume that the tricked out punks that do this to their car would already run a stop sign/light. So now that it looks like they are moving even if they aren't. Yeah, it's just bad. And frankly it pisses me off.

The Downright Ugly:
The road in front of my house. Why? Because we never have a clue when they are going to come street sweep. So our cars are usually parked in front which ultimately means we never get swept in front of our place. Dang it!

Conversation with the hubster:

Newt: "Hey honey, where ya going?"
Hubster: "Outside to work on the garage"
Newt: "Ok, have fun."
he then walks toward the front door
Newt: "I thought you were going to work in the garage?"
He turns around and shows me one gloved hand and one bare one.
Hubster: "I am, but I have to find my other baby first."
Newt: while laughing hysterically; "check Lily's kennel"

Search terms that brought people to my site:

red spotted newts can live in sink drain - I've tried but it's kinda smelly
"i love high heels" blog shoes sandals" - yeah, it's what life is all about
happy friday dance - yep, there is one and I will be doing it tomorrow

What countries were my visitors from:
Unknown - don't remember this country on the map
UK
Australia
Korea
Netherlands
Japan
Brazil
China
Turkey
Switzerland
Saudi Arabia
Romania
Portugal
Europe - uhhhhh, when did this become a country?
Nicaragua
Philippines

Addendum to today's blog: Newt would like to issue a formal apology to anyone she might offend by implying that spinning rims are stupid. I mean, they are stupid, but it's your personal choice if you have them. So if I offended any of my handful of readers out there in blog land I really truly do deeply apologize. And I promise to not make fun of you until after you pull away from the curb.

4 comments:

Tink said...

Even worse than spinning rims are the spinning rim BELT BUCKLES. Ick.

You should rename Lily's cage the "Lost and Found." :)

Jay said...

I actually saw a set of spinnners on a Mini Van! Seriously, I just started laughing and I think they knew I was laughing at them.

You pretty much have visitors from all over the world!

Kell said...

"Lost and Found" that's too funny!

You're multicultural!

Tink said...

Especially that crack head down the street that could only afford ONE rim.