Thursday, October 26, 2006

Friday Eve

First, let me say I did add an addendum to my most recent blog apologizing to any reader that has spinning rims.

I also followed in the steps of Cynical Bastard and halloweenized my blog.

It is almost 10 on Thursday night and I am ready to begin my Happy Friday dance. Seriously, I think I must reward myself this Friday with a mocha and some quiet quality book time. And I may do the happy Friday dance all the way to Starbucks.

Ok, now let me apologize for actually getting coffee at the WalMart of java. Yes it is bad of me. But they are the ONLY coffee shop near me that makes a consistent and good mocha.

Now, on to other things.

I fear for reasons we don't understand we took a step back with Lily. She's totally fearful of us today. Actually this evening. I keep going over in my mind what we did today and nothing sticks out. I'm not getting upset just yet. Maybe she's just tired or maybe she doesn't feel too good or something. I'll see how she is in the morning.

On the other hand Caleb gets a little better every day. We still can't really approach him, look at him, or get him to come to us. But he will lay on the couch near us and let us pet him. And he will come over for some love. Each day he gets a little closer and hangs around for a little bit longer.

I have blogged before about the great Chinese take-out that is practically across the street. We ordered it the other night when we had company. I asked them to make General Tso's chicken with regular chicken meat and not the breaded and fried chicken. Kindly they made it for us. And if fact when the hubster went to get it, their son, Michael told the hubster that he had them make extra so they could try it and see if they wanted to add it to the menu. He's a sweet young man about 14 years old. He is a dog trainer that has a collie and a golden that he competes in agility with. He told the hubster that it would be a nice dish to add because it cuts a lot of fat and calories out of the meal. So maybe we did each other a favor? Anyway, it was scrumptious as always.

The hubster and I cut out of work a little early and went over to Como Conservatory. The place where we got married. We love to go there and wander around their gardens. Especially in winter it's a nice way to escape the cold and spend some time in a hot and humid atmosphere. They expanded the park over the past few years adding a huge new wing to the conservatory. When they first opened the new wing they had a fern room just started. Tiny baby ferns were everywhere. Now, about a year later they are HUGE. What a glorious room it became in such a short time. We didn't get to stay long as they have shorter hours in winter. But we made the most of our 20 minutes. When we go there it feels as if the whole world disappears. I'm so very thankful that we picked a place like that to get married in. I am confident that 20 years from now he and I will still be able to go there.

We always tell people that only two things really matter on your wedding day: 1. that you get married. and 2. that no one dies at the wedding. If those two things are fulfilled your wedding was a complete success. And everything else, the food, the wine, the dress, the flowers, they are icing on the cake. But maybe we should tell them one other tiny piece of advice. Pick a location for your wedding that you can always return to. A place you can visit time and time again that will hold that special memory near and dear to you.

For us it is a vacation from the world every time we step through those doors. We take each other's hand and we walk through the most beautiful place on earth. At least to us.......................

6 comments:

Jay said...

I'm sure Lilly will be ok. She's probably just having a bad day. Maybe Caleb is checking things out for her and will report back to her and convince her you guys are "ok".

Tink said...

It's always three steps forward and two steps backward with animals. My Mom and Stepdad are trying to break a horse... I think he's working on breaking them instead :).

I hope your weekend goes well! Enjoy the java you mainstream hoe. hehe

Kell said...

That's great advice to get married somewhere you can return. I wish I had thought of that!

Lily probably just needs a break. Your consistency with her will pay off and she'll feel more secure.

Have a great weekend!

Jay said...

Umm, Kelley, you got married in the Methodist Church. LOL I'm pretty sure you can return there. hahahaha

Sorry, couldn't resist.

J-Funk said...

General Tso's chicken! That is our favorite thing! It took us two years in the twin cities to find a carry-out place that made it, too, and it wasn't in St. Paul so you must have found another one. Shucks!

We just found a place in Seattle that makes General Tso's chicken near my Studly Hubby's work which isn't very close to where we live (we live near my work because I'm the spoiled one). It wasn't that good so we're going to circle a little closer to home and see if we can find some more. You're lucky to have a General Tso's supplier nearby!!

If you ever go to Iowa City IA the best General Tso's chicken is at Taste of China on Linn St. It costs $7.88 for a large that feeds two people and only takes 10 minutes.

graymama said...

Strangely enough that is how Hubby and I feel about our honeymmon location: Disneyworld. We had the most glorious time!

We were married in a church to make both sets of parents happy.

I miss Lotus on Grant St. The owners knew us, and they made the best cream cheese wontons with curry....mmmmm.