Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WWC

I don't have a picture of the place but we grew up with a store called Treasures and Junk just down the street a ways. We would go there as a family and wander around. This lamp has been in my family since I was just a wee lass. My dad saw it in one of the little stalls and thought it was really ugly. And each time he passed it he thought it just got uglier. But at some point it went from ugly to sold. And it has been a treasure for my family for over 30 years. It is the single most valued, treasured, and sentimental item for our family.

Another piece of Junk that was turned into a family Treasure

I got this piece of junk for dad one year and now it is considered a treasure.
Here we took two pieces of junk and turned it into a treasure. A flamingo tree topper for a plain glass tree.

9 comments:

Jay said...

Those are great! Junk can be turned into treasure when it has a story behind it.

Tink said...

Can we play "guess what's on lamp one"? It's a...

Camel!

No, a lamb.

Is it a cat? Maybe a dog.

What IS it? LOL.

Christy said...

That lamp is pretty darn cool.

Reb said...

I love it when people turn junk into treasure Very good take on the words this week.

R.E.H. said...

Way to interpret the words. I like your pictures a lot.

And the lamp with the glowing nose... does that nose also serve as the on/off switch? That would be cool.

gary rith said...

that stuff is hysterical!!!!
(yeah, I keep meaning to make wine corks, stay tuned!)

g-man said...

I'm with Tink what the heck is that?

All great pictures, I am pretty sure we had that "drunk on a light post" lamp. :) On my 30th birthday I woke up to a yard full of (30) pink flamingos. :)

Well done !!!

Dianne said...

It's perfect how you combined junk and treasure.

and I love the lamp.

Jo said...

I loved the stories behind your photos...especially the first, how funny that the "ugly" grew on him. Clearly that animal is a dogaloupe :) And pink flamingos, so retro!