Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Recap and a Welcome

Our very good friends from Milwaukee came to visit us on Wednesday. It was WONDERFUL to see them all again. D&K and their four girls ranging in age from 16-6.

The two oldest girls Mo and Mal stayed with us. And they are wonderful!

Mo and Mal accompanied me on my lunch with Nettie. And then we walked around downtown St. Paul for a while. Which was followed by a trip to the Mall of America. And boy did we have a great time.

We had a big get together for dinner Friday night and then Saturday everyone came to our house for breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and coffee cake. It was simply fabulous.

We have also discovered that Lily and Caleb have come a LONG LONG way. And they were SO good about having all the people in the house, and they were SO good with the little one that we know that D&K can stay with us the next time they visit. We only limited the number of people because we weren't sure how the puppies would do with a crowd and with a little one. But they were fantastic. So, good to know, we can have company!

And the BIG BIG news for my family: I am an Aunt! Ava Marlene was born on Friday. Isn't she beautiful????? I will have better pictures tomorrow. It was one of the funnier phone calls. My dad called in tears and all he choked out was "She's perfect" I think he also managed to tell me E was ok and he hung up. Only to call back about 10 minutes later: "Ok, let's try this again but with less emotion"

I love my dad. He's the proudest Grandpa ever.


Today it is snowing! We drove in to work in blizzard conditions. Oh goodie. What the heck happened to spring. This is SO wrong. So very very wrong. Sigh........................

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

STINKING winter.....nice shoes though, Newt

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic your puppies are able to handle having more people and kids around! That can stress out even the most easy going doggies!

Love the shoes!

Dianne said...

Congrats Aunt Newt :)
welcome to the world Ava Marlene - a beautiful name.

sorry about all that snow.

R.E.H. said...

Congrats on becoming an Aunt! Aunt Newtie... like the sound of that.

What I don't like are those pictures of the blizzard... Gee! Will snow ever go away this year? At least, over here, the snow is gone again... but we got cold, cold rain instead...

Anonymous said...

Congrats...gotta love squished babies in their little blankets.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Aunt Newt. I expect to see some more baby pics when I visit. And I agree with Dianne. That's a gorgeous name.

Tink said...

Of course the pups have come a long way... They had you as their Mommy!

I love the phone conversation with your Dad! So sweet. Congrats Ms. Newt. You're going to be a kick ass aunt.

moo said...

wow, that is SOME SNOW. Around here, it's rainy but everything is turning to green.

Congrats on being an aunt! Love the name!

Jo said...

Congrats, Auntie! Eva is such a cuddlebug! And I love her name :)