Thursday, March 06, 2008

Last words........


So Homebloys,

I am off to California tomorrow morning. Should be a relatively fun trip. First stop of course will be lunch at In and Out. Then I will go spend the weekend with my Aunt and Uncle. My parents will be driving up from San Diego on Saturday to visit.

Yippee!

Sunday I go get my boss at the airport and then her and I plan to head to Rodeo Drive for some window shopping. Window Shopping ONLY. For one, we have no money in comparison to the price tags and for two, they will all be closed before we get there.

So basically we are going for the Ooohhhh Aaahhhh factor.

Well, that and it will be warm in comparison to MN and a good excuse to be outside.

Then for the week it’s basically a little bit of work, letting people bend our ears about how much everything sucks. And then trying to help get them to a good place.

I started to read “Hell to Pay” by Simon Green. It’s in his Nightside series. I have been saving the book for a special occasion. And though I don’t really have a special occasion I decided to treat myself. His books are SO amazing. I love his writing style. It’s warm, comfortable, and inviting. I can’t even begin to describe how cozy it is to start reading one of his stories.

I have three favorite authors when it comes to series writers. James Lee Burke is God in my literary world. And then there is Simon R. Green and Jasper Fforde. There are others, but these three, man I love them. LOVE THEM!

All three have a writing style that takes me out of my world and deeply into the ones they create. I think nuclear bombs could go off around me and I wouldn’t notice a thing. Or, more specifically, Vigo and Gerard could run naked by me and I wouldn’t notice.
Hell, they could probably sit down in my lap and I would just push them off.

Ok, maybe I wouldn’t do that………………..

That’s just being silly.
I'll check in as often as I can. And of course make every attempt to be there for WWC.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Have fun in SoCal. Don't forget to hit In-and-Out Burger a couple of times. ;-)

Tink said...

You just scared the bejezzus outta me. I read your post title and I thought you meant for good. I was all ready to cry and plead and stuff. Phew. Have a great trip!!

R.E.H. said...

You have a fantastic job - any openings?

I would so love to have a job that allows me to travel around... it would suit me just fine.

Enjoy the stay in Cali!

Christy said...

My fave author who does the same for me is Iris Johansen she writes such fantastic suspense novels.

P.S. love the shoes.