Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Quickie



Ahhh, home sweet home.

The best part about coming home: Hubster, happy pups, and our bed. I love our bed. I hadn't slept well all week. But last night, I was dead to the world.

The other cool part about homecoming: 40 degrees or so. I actually sat outside at the airport while I waited for Hubster. It was glorious. A little on the cold side, but glorious none the less. I sat on the rock bump (should have taken a picture) and read till he came.

The only complaint was having to smell this while I waited. Gross!












My last meal in California:














I did get way way too close to loosing that tasty burger on the plane ride. (TMI!) It was a rough ride as soon as we began our descent and till after we landed. I was green and not happy. The only thing that kept me from grabbing ye ol' blue bag in the seat pocket in front of me was the two cuties I was sitting next to. No way was I going to loose it next to Abercrombe and Hollister. HELL NO!

I do have my old lady pride ya know.

Last thing I need to have go out on the pool boy rumor mill is that I get airsick.

It will make it that much more expensive to find one when I am good and ready to have one.

8 comments:

Jay said...

I've never gotten air sick and thank God I've never been sitting next to anyone who did. If the person next to me puked I probably would too. Or I'd just make fun of them and that would stop me from getting sick. ;-)

gary rith said...

Newt-I emailed you about bunny bowls and I think Saturday morning I will put them on my etsy gallery. email me garyrith@yahoo.com if you want them direct, othrwise, no big deal if you want them or not.
I am getting the picture here--this blog has something to do with your footwear!

Newt said...

Jay - I've only gotten air sick once and it sucked! The person sitting behind me was sprinkling me with cologne.

gr - Cool! I'll check email. I have a small shoe obsession so it seemed like the fitting thing to photograph as a post opener. I like that people put little images as the intro. I have to remember to actually put some text in the pics though........

Anonymous said...

I don't get airsick but I do get cramped up sitting for hours!

Unknown said...

Ashtray would have got to me too.
We have had some beautiful warm weather here in WI, almost shorts weather at 40 degrees around here. Now to deal with the mess of melting ice and snow.

R.E.H. said...

Welcome home!

I've actually never even heard of people getting airsick... yeah, I know there is that sick bag tucked in there, but I've just not ever heard of anyone actually needing to use it.

It could've been on account of that ashtray... but you didn't encounter that until after so... ;)

Jo said...

I love your shoes! It's great to come home, isn't it...the bumpy ride sucks but at least you had some eye candy :) Glad you scored some In-N-Out before you left!

Tink said...

Old lady? Pfft. Yeah, oh-kay. Last I checked, old ladies don't wear hot shoes. Purrrrr. I'm glad you're home and soaking up the puppy lovin'. Relax and enjoy the alone time.