Monday, March 24, 2008

Chaos Reigns

The house that Newt built was turned on it's side yesterday. Ok, not literally but something new passed our threshold and let's just say that chaos is a mild description of our life right now.

Her name is Pearl. She's a 60+ pound black lab. She's well behaved, well trained, and sweet as pie.

My dogs are not. They are noisy, barky, territorial, and not well trained or well behaved.

I told my brother in law he was risking getting his dog "broken" but he brought her over anyway.
They put their house on the market today.

The hubster offered to house her while they try to sell their house.

So, she's trying to deal with all this strangeness. She's trying to cope with having four dogs barking at her, all of them capable of walking right under her.

She's trying to figure out what a cat is but they won't stick around long enough for her to find out. So they take off, and she gives chase.
As I said, chaos.

Before I head home I will take a couple or 10 of tylenol, I will grow some patience. And I will head into the house with a smile on my face. And if all goes well, no one will die tonight.
Ok, I kid. Honest. No dogs will die. Or cats for that matter.

We just need to adjust.
The following photograph is of Lily before her world got upended and Pearl came to stay.
So, I ask you, is she not the cutest puppy in the world????

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awfully sweet of you guys!

My 2 doggies are broken as well... Or rather they have no manners. Try as we may, they are happier the way they are.

Hopefully your doggies learn from the smart Lab!!!

;)

Jay said...

Watch the tail! A Lab's tail is a dangerous weapon. She can clear a coffee table or bookshelf with one swipe of that tail. ;-)

gary rith said...

oh yes, ONE OF THE CUTEST puppies...you just want to play with those sweet little ears!

Dianne said...

absolutely one of the cutest puppies in the world!

will their be photos of the chaos?

I so love chaos photos, makes me feel better about living in my own crazy town.

Christy said...

Fantastically written post. You make me laugh/smile...smlaugh? Laughile?

R.E.H. said...

Lily is one cute puppy. Hope all goes well and that Pearl gets along fine with the other animals.

BTW. I'm enjoying your shoe pictures...

J said...

Very cool. It must be really, really loud in your house now. Hope the kitties aren't too freaked out with all goings on.

Unknown said...

I could use some puppy love from that adorable pup. She is adorable.
Hope chaos doesn't last too long.

Jo said...

I grew up with black labs...ours would stand their ground with much larger dogs but the weensy dogs invariably freaked them out! Poor you, I hope it settles down soon...but surely nothing is that bad when you're wearing those fab shoes (I love them!)

g-man said...

Good luck with all that. I think you are on the right track with "tolerance by medication" :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

FINALLY, I found you again. I visit often, I think, but couldn't remember who was the bloggie with all the shoes!!!

Now that I found you I'm gonna' have to add you to my bloggie favs on my bloggie roll!

And, not to be mean or dangerous. But, for big, large, and loudly barking dogs? You can give them and advil/ibuprofen PM.

No seriously. Ibuprofen is prescribed for dogs with aches and arthritis and stuff.

When my children were babies, "Blue" our 150 lb Weimer, would bark incessently at the tractors running at nap time.

Finally? I got smart about it. He also terrorized our toddler play guests so yes, I did go there.

He really seemed to enjoy it. Mgt check with your vet though first.