Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tid Bits of Newtness

Don't laugh but I bought my first pair of Levis over the weekend. Honest, I've never owned a pair. They were always so much more expensive than other brands. And I'm kinda cheap. But now, damn have jeans gotten pricey. So Levi's are actually starting to be the cheaper option. Plus they made my butt look great :-)

I am in love. I heard a song in the car that I just loved. I had to know who sang it. For once the radio station actually said who it was. That almost never happens. Anyway, I'm officially in love with Mat Kearney. I like the entire album. The ENTIRE album. That also, almost never happens. The song I liked was Breathe In, Breathe Out. But really, the whole thing is great. Sort of a Coldplay sound but a little more folksy.



Because I worry too much about everything I was concerned about finding the Corp. Headquarters for my new company. So I did a test drive out there. Yes, I'm stalking my future employer. Ha ha ha ha. But, I won't get lost that first morning. I was actually kinda giddy. As if it was sacred ground. Is that sad?


Then I went shopping. I'm a girl, I had the day off, it just sounded like a good way to spend my first free day. One more pair of Levis and a cute pink sweater later I headed for my favorite place in the whole wide world. Barnes and Noble in Rosedale. This is the location with a huge used book section. I told Nettie that it was the one thing I wanted to do for myself while I was off work. Go to B&N with absolutely no time constraints and just wander, and browse and wander some more. I lucked out and found a bunch of books on my reading list in the used and clearance area. And added two that weren't on my list but sounded really good. Then I got a cup of coffee, a cookie, and I started reading a book I have been looking forward to. Of course I have to finish the one I am currently working on but hey, I can multi-task/read. It was perfect. Simply perfect.


Ok, my next thing is a sort of challenge: More than one person has said that I am probably the only person that ever gave my bus driver a thank you and a gift. So, my challenge to you is to go commit a random act of unexpected kindness. Nothing extravagant, just say thank you to someone that doesn't normally get thanked for what they do. Or buy them a cup of coffee. Or, ask the quiet and invisible mail clerk to lunch.


Ok, enough goody goody Newtness.


Have a great day everyone.

4 comments:

Jay said...

I do reconnaissance runs all the time. No matter what it is, an interview, first day at a job, a date or just going to an informal get-together, I have to do a trial run. I even try to do it at the same time of day as the appointment, just to be sure.

Levi's are VERY expensive. I only buy clothes at outlet stores though. LOL

Betty said...

I remember when Levi's were what farmers wore. They were the cheapest jeans around, and some of them came with bibs (bib overalls). When Kell was a teenager she thought she'd die if she didn't get a pair of Calvins. Now, THOSE were expensive jeans!

Kell said...

Pffffff Calvins. I was such a slave to fashion. OK, not really, but everyone else had a pair and I hate to be left out. But now, I looooove my Levis. They're the only jeans I wear.

Need to do some thinking on the pay it forward task. Hmmmmmm.

Christy said...

Yay! I love Mat Kearney, too! even for the spoken part of his songs I am always completely mesmerized!