Thursday, October 04, 2007

Autumn Air

There are changes brewing in the air.

The nights are getting longer

And colder

I watch the sunrise while at the bus stop - it used to be high in the sky when I left in the morning

The dogs fur coats are getting heavier and thicker

Our oven is being turned on again

Lasagna is tonights dinner selection. Something we haven't made since, oh, March.

I have blankets on the bed

But I don't use them all the time yet

I have a new job

I start in a few weeks

I'm very excited

I might have found out what I want to be when I grow up

I'll let you know

My new job hints at world travel

Belgium in the summer

And then places beyond.

Right now, it feels too good to be true.

7 comments:

Jay said...

OH MY GOD! Congrats on the new job!! So exciting! World Travel? That's what I'm talkin' about! Cool beans.

It's still not really fall here. Temps still near 90 during the day and lows around 70. Getting a little tired of it too. LOL I might need to move north. haha

Kell said...

Any job that offers world travel is the way to go! That's fantastic news.

I wish there was more Autumn in the air here. We're still in the low 80s! And it's humid and hot and I'm very very cranky.

Tink said...

Belgium? Pfft. FLORIDA. Tell them you want to travel to Florida! Oh who am I kidding? Go, have fun. Bring me back chocolate.

Btw, congrats (again)!!

Unknown said...

Wow wee..congrats on the new job..I am SO jealous! :)

Tina said...

wow a new job...cool 4 U :)

Christy said...

Yum Lasagna!!!

I am wishing for more autumn. Delaware is normally feeling fall by now. But the humidity, coupled with temps in the mid-80s are throwing us all for a loop.

graymama said...

WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS!!!! :-D