Friday, October 12, 2007

Favorite Things

A tribute to my current favorite things:

Pat the bus driver - she's awesome. The happiest, friendliest lady! Imagine the nicest woman singing her heart out in a baptist church, now triple it, make her face even friendlier, throw in a sparkling attitude and you have Pat. I love this woman.

The boys at Pino's Pizzeria - This is the best pizza outside New York. I'm going to have to figure out a way to get me some of this pizza even though I'll be working on the other side of the cities.
It's a little corner of New York, I'm telling you, they are wonderful.

Afterglow by Sarah McLachlan - I heard a song from this album on a tv show. I knew it was her but I wasn't sure what the song was or what album it was on. I googled the lyrics and it was from the one album I didn't have of hers. She's fantastic. This album is my favorite.

Million Little Pieces by James Frey - I don't care about the truth, I don't care about the controversy, and I sure as hell don't care what Oprah thinks. I loved this book. It was a really good read.

Hank the corner grill guy - He's crabby and he teases us every time we go get a burger or brat. But he's wonderful. And I'll miss him.

Debbie the ice cream lady - She has a cute little snack shop. Nettie and I have been going to her shop regularly getting a small scoop of ice cream. Then we eat outside and people watch. It makes for a perfect day.

My Ipod - always my Ipod

Dresden Files - I got the 1st season on DVD and I've been rewatching it. I love this show. I can't believe they didn't pick it up for a second season. Bastards!

Sweatshirt season - I love when the temps hit 50-70 and I get to wear sweatshirts. They are so comfy. Nothing beats a warm fuzzy sweatshirt.

Cranberry wine - We got a bottle of cranberry wine from a winery in WI. It is SO tasty. I just love it.

My bed - It's that time of year when it's not to hot and it's not too cold. So I snuggle down in my bed all warm and toasty. It's wonderful.

Sneakers - If I have to suffocate my toes again at least I do it in style. Today I gave up the sandals for my yellow converse sneakers that have daisies and lady bugs on them. Not only are they cute and comfy but they have made a lot of people smile.

Getting coffee with Girl M - This is one of the things I am really going to miss when I leave.

WWC - I look forward to this every week. It keeps the wheels in my head spinning. And I start to see everything through a camera lens.

6 comments:

J-Funk said...

Congrats on the new job!! Have you said where you are going? Is it a big leap from what you are doing now?

It's hard to leave a job even when you know you are ready to move on. Congratulations on getting the courage to take that big step.

I love the Dresdon Files! I'm so mad they canceled it.

Jay said...

Ice cream, Pizza and a corner grill, among other things. Definitely things to be happy about.

Kell said...

What? They aren't renewing Dresden Files? Are they crazy? I love that show. Bastards.

Guess I'll just have to live with Torchwood and Dr. Who, not that that's hard.

This is a great list. You have some cool favorite things.

Anonymous said...

What are you doing, going to work for the CIA or something?

What show did you hear that Sarah McLachlan song? I think we might have been watching the same thing!

Tory said...

Very cool list! Good luck on your new adventure. Sometimes a big change in our lives can revitalize us and make us glow as you mentioned in your last post.
Check out my blog, have a couple of new posts.
Take care
Tory

Christy said...

They never seem to pick up the good shows for a second season. I'll never understand that!