Friday, October 05, 2007

Raindrops keep falling on my head

I woke up this morning to the sound of barking dogs.

It was pitch black out so I grumbled that they were up so early.

Roll over, check my watch.

Oh crap, it's late,

Shit, that's right, I turned off the alarm yesterday morning since I got up an hour and a half early.

Good thing the coffee pot starting up still gets Lily up and crazy.

Awww crap, it's raining, she'll never go outside.

Go through morning routine.

Hubster offers to drive me to work.

Assure him I won't melt, it's just rain. I love rain.

Wait for bus.

Ride bus to work.

Pulling into St Paul

Whino on bus: "So, is it supposed to rain all day?"

Random guy on bus: "No, they said it would stop between 1 and 3"

Whino on bus: "Oh, the paper said it was supposed to be nice today"

Random guy on bus: "It is nice if you like rain."

I think I fell in love just a little bit with the random guy on bus. He had such a positive outlook. He is definitely someone that goes through life finding that the glass is half full.

Walk through skyway to get to work

Stop at Caribou and get a mocha

Didn't get to drink much coffee at home since I woke up so late

Ahhhh coffee

The day will be great

6 comments:

Tink said...

I don't think anything could ruin the fact that it's FRIDAY. *Does Friday happy dance*

Anonymous said...

The rain this morning woke up all our animals. Well, to be correct it was the loud thunder and the lightning that kept lighting up the room as if it was mid-day. Oh well....

Glad Lily woke you up!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Jay said...

Rain never bothers me. I love to play in the rain.

Kell said...

I think a rainy day is a nice day. We had major thunderstorms last night; they kept me up. But that's ok, once it finally stopped clashing and started rumbling with a steady rain, I was back to sleep.

J-Funk said...

I was so worried about all the rain in Seattle before I moved here but you know, I kinda like it. I even look forward to a rainy weekend now and then (they're so relaxing and pleasant!). But I miss a good thunderstorm. No Seattle dog would ever be able to predict thunder as well as Lily.

Christy said...

I'm glad your post ended on a positive note like the bus guy. =o)