Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tagged and then some

First, a very important mistake to clear up:

Thank you Kell, the label at Target is Archer Farms. And the berry blossoms are their Archer Farms label. I'm not sure why I fixated on Market Pantry. So if you are looking for them it's Archer Farms. I'm a dork.

Next up a Meme:
I got tagged. By Tim. I have to tell you 6 random things about me and then tag six more people. I tag whichever 6 people wanna play. Cop out? Yep.

So, 6 things:

1. Listening to Lily snore has become my most favorite sound in the whole wide world.

2. I have a shoe fetish, but I also have a fetish for unique silver jewelry. Especially big interesting and artistic rings.

3. I am very insecure.

4. Halloween is my favorite holiday. If I had the time, money to burn, and gumption I would decorate the entire house for it. And do a big show out front for the kids.

5. As I have gotten older I have become far more aware of my mortality. Up until a few years ago death never crossed my mind.

6. I still like to look at my Phoenix tattoo. It hasn't gotten "old" yet. I feel like my tattoos are one of the things that will make me a cool old lady.

7. I like to be a little rebellious.

And Lastly an update on Mom and Pop:

My parents got their electricity back on Thursday morning. When I talked to them they were in the process of throwing out the contents of their fridge and freezer. And though they had to throw out everything they were just thankful they had a fridge that needed to be emptied. Dad was also telling me that as the firemen were fighting the fires at houses if they could they were taking out things and putting them on curbs that were undamaged. He said that one family came home to a completely destroyed house but for some reason the firemen had found family photos completely in tact and their grandfather clock. How weird is that? And how awesome of the firefighters to preserve what they found that was salvageable.

The only funny/annoying thing is that the neighbors alarm is going off. It's LOUD. If dad calls me from outside it's hard to hear him because of the alarm. The police haven't been able to get out there to do anything about it, and when they called the alarm company he supposedly has they had no record for that house so it can't be shut off. It's been going off since the power came back on. I don't know how they are going to sleep. But dad assured me that in the house they can barely here it. I'd be insane. The hubster said the solution was simple, go cut the power line to his house.

They also went to their coffee shop and every one of the usual crowd was there anxiously waiting for everyone else to make sure they were all ok. All coffee shop friends were accounted for and everyone still had a home to go to.

6 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

I am an insecure person too!

I am happy your parents are okay! That's so great!

Kell said...

Thank goodness your parents are ok and so are their friends. That's great news.

Market Pantry is also a Target line, isn't it? I think I bought some of their garlic toast, which was pretty darn good. Garlic kisses for quite a while.

You'll be a cool old lady even without the tattoo. You'll be the one wearing all the great shoes.

Betty said...

So glad your parents and their friends are ok.

Jay said...

Great news about the 'rents and their coffee shop friends.

Lefty said...

Coffee shop friends can be the best.

Oddly enough, I wrote a blog entry about insecurity today.

Christy said...

Wow I am so happy the firefighters took the time to save items they found in tact. That's very sweet, they should get a metal.

I'm insecure as well. I think most people are.. I'm not sure if I know anyone who isn't insecure about something.