Thursday, October 18, 2007

Review and other stuff

Well, getting 5 out of 5 sporks is a good sign for any movie. So, because I am currently on vacation, don't get to go to too many movies, and, well, it had Viggo in it, I went to see Eastern Promises.


Tink was totally right. This was a fantastic film. Dark, violent, with an interesting premise.


I liked it. A lot.


Ok, and I have to admit, half of my liking it had to do with Viggo's screen presence. He's, how do you say it, fuck'n yummy.


I'm sorry, there is just no better way to say it. And when Tink further mentioned he got naked, well, um, duh, I had to go.


And the naked sauna battle - totally worth it. TOTALLY.


Ok, so I'm sounding more like a lusting teenager than a grown adult woman reviewing a movie, but did I mention he's naked?


***

I'm reading a book that has been on my list for a while. Love and Other Impossible Pursuits by Ayelet Waldman. She is married to Pulitzer Prize winner Michael Chabon. Anyway, it's a pretty good story so far.

A few good lines:

"....he is my bashert, my intended. I knew it from the first moment I saw him. There is a Jewish legend, a Midrash, that before you are born an angel takes you on a tour of your life and shows you the person whom you are meant to marry. Then the angel strikes you on your philtrum, leaving that subtle channel in the skin between the nose and mouth, and makes you forget what you have seen. But not entirely. There remains a vestige, enough to evoke a jolt of recognition if you are lucky enough to stumble across your bashert during the course of your life."

and

"Why is it that loving something provides so little protection from betrayal?"

***

It has been raining here. A lot. We are 6.7 inches over average so far this year. I know many other areas in the country are in severe draught so I shouldn't complain. But at this point I am more than willing to send our rain your way. We are starting to mold.

***

Don't forget to play WWC hosted by the amazing and beautiful Tink! Words for Tuesday are:

Disguise and Reflection

6 comments:

J-Funk said...

Big-screen hot naked dudes, good books, and shopping all go great with rain. Sounds like a perfect vacation.

Freakazojd said...

Oh my god, had to comment...don't ever feel that you have to apologize for Viggo lusting! Mmmmmm...Viggo...
:)

Kell said...

I really gotta see that movie!

We have a reprieve from the rain, finally. The sun is actually shining!

Jay said...

I had actually not heard of that movie until Tink did her review. I'll probably put it on the NetFlix list when it comes out on DVD.

Tink said...

LOL! I'm so glad you liked it. When I give reviews like that, I start to feel personally responsible for whether someone else likes it or not. Weird huh? Those naked scenes though...

Oh, wha? I'm sorry, I spaced out for a minute there.

Christy said...

That book sounds fantastic. I'm definitely going to wish list it and buy it when I have the extra cash. I'm so glad you shared excerpts, they were beautifu!