Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I passed!

Well, it would appear that the authorities didn't find the body. I passed my background investigation so I am officially hired. I'm excited, nervous, and feeling full of possibilities and opportunities.

I've been reading "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. I am reading it as I always thought I was supposed to, as literature/fiction. I didn't pay any attention to the story about how much truth is in the book. I have no clue. And honestly, I don't really care. It's a well written book, raw, eloquent, and full of beautiful passages I stop and read over sometimes more than once.

I was out last night with my training group and my friend Amy was in the class. She went shopping with me after dinner. I have been encouraging her to come out of her box and try new colors and styles. She's a good student. Stubborn, but still a good student willing to expand her horizons and try new things. She even tried on a pair of red patent leather spiked pumps. The spiked 4-5 inch heal was actually bright silver.

I'll pause here while Nettie picks herself off the floor......................................hopefully she didn't hurt herself. Because I know she is having trouble recovering from the thought of Amy in a spiked red heal.

The hubster and I were trading mushy sweet emails yesterday. One of the guys I work with met Hubster on Saturday when we got together for lunch. He said to tell Hubster that he looks surprisingly good for a guy married to me. He thought he would look more worn and beaten than he did. The hubster responded that he looks as good as he does because of my love. Awww, how sweet was that.

The hubster also let me know that none of the puppies would cuddle with him last night. The girls sat in front of the door waiting for me to come home. He said Sophie kept going between the front and back door because she wasn't sure which door I would come in. And it wasn't until after I was home that any of the animals would cuddle with him on the couch.

Now that I am winding down at my current job I realized that I no longer think, obsess, or worry about what I am doing. I'm not slacking off, I just don't let it worry me any more. What I am focusing more on are my co-workers and how much I will miss some of them. And I am thankful for the wonderful friends I have made.

The entire journey was worth it because I met Nettie. If I got nothing else out of my job I got the best kind of friend a girl could ask for. The kind of friend that helps you bury a body. And did such a good job of it that I passed my background check.

See how I took that full circle :-)

5 comments:

Nettie said...

HOLY SHIT! I must talk to Amy and tell her how proud I am of her!

Nettie said...

And you're welcome....... :)

Jay said...

Congrats on the job! That's very very cool!

Christy said...

Haha you indeed manage to take that full circle. I'm glad the body remains hidden and the background check passed. =o)

Tink said...

Was it with the candlestick in the library?