Thursday, October 11, 2007

A little sunshine

I didn't realize I was glowing. But everyone has told me that I look incredibly happy. I didn't know that I looked unhappy................

Or maybe I just existed. Which, truth be told, is how I have felt for almost a year now.

But enough already. New topic.

Back in June I asked about obsessing over great ideas. And many of you responded that yes, you too obsess when you get a great idea. And all of us said that usually the enthusiasm fizzles and the idea goes away or we loose interest. Or we have piles of great ideas sitting in closets and craft rooms and garages.

I am happy to report that for this great idea I didn't loose enthusiasm. And for 4 months I remained obsessed with it. And I worked on it as I was able to.

Last week my great idea got shipped out. And yesterday it was received.

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed what I did. And I knew that with every step I completed, I just knew, that they were going to love it. And that the heart and soul that I put into the project would be treasured.

So ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to say that I completed a great idea. I saw it through to the end. There aren't many of those moments for me. You just have to look in my craft room for proof. In fact while frantically searching for my social security card I realized how many damn projects I have. Including a stitchery I started when I was 11. Two decades + that project has been unfinished. How sad is that?????

I really have to focus better. Wow, if I committed to finishing a project a month even. Hmmm. Maybe I should make that my goal this winter.

Anyone want to join me? Come on, I know you have at least one project you haven't finished. Who's with me?

Oh, and the hubster found my social security card. Right where I told him I always kept it. Of course I looked in that exact spot 5 times. Plus the desk, my office desk, my office storage cabinets, my cupboard of purses and wallets, my jewelry case, the storage container with random and Misc. items I don't need but can't throw away, the craft room, the entertainment center, the car, the kitchen, even the damn bathroom. Grrrrrr.

Thanks hubster. I wouldn't be able to start my new job without you.

8 comments:

Coffespaz said...

Agreed and congratulations on seeing one through!!

There are several things that I need to finish, and I have vowed not to start another project until I get them finished. So far, that method has worked...but I am starting to see more and more projects on the "need to finish" list again, so its once again time to par down.

I need to post, probably this weekend, so I'll answer your project question there.

PS - Thanks for the inspiration. I picked up the book that you are reading and started reading it again. It is a good book, even the second time around!! :-)

Jay said...

Commit to finishing a project? Well, I don't know. We'll see. Like most men I'm not big on commitments you know. LOL

Tink said...

I don't think everyone understand how amazing this project was. I pretty much view you as a superhero now.

Let's see, projects I'm working on... Hm.

Business cards *sheepish look*. Various Photoshop projects. Finishing the coffee table. Two collages. A mixed CD. Remodeling a whole friggin HOUSE.

*Sigh* I need more time!

Kell said...

Your posts are just so happy, they're inspirational.

I'll jump on the "finish it" bandwagon. Lord knows I've got enough UFOs around. And don't get me started on the emotional projects I need to work on!

Anonymous said...

I agree, this was an inspirational post. I tend to obsess a little TOO much and I need to be better with the follow through. Thanks for setting a good example of how I should be working!

Nettie said...

I commit to finishing Josh's scrapbook this winter. Then I need to start Aly's!

Abbee Normalle said...

what was the project?

Christy said...

That happens to me all the time. I lost my digital camera battery charger on Saturday. I ripped the house apart looking for that thing. Finally...I found it, in a drawer in the kitchen under the tea towels. Argh!