Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekends are for sleeping and taking cute pictures

Or laying around in your underwear and not doing a darn thing. A co-worker of mine suggested I try it sometime. She had done it last weekend and she assured me it was mighty fine. And rejuvenating, and relaxing.


So, I managed to stay in my pj's till around 5 on Saturday. I decided to shower and run over to Hancock Fabrics to get some lace to cover up the boobalicious dress I got a while back. It's fabulous but for work, it needs a little more covered up. So my entire accomplishment for Saturday was adding a lace front to my dress and getting soap and deoderant at target. Wow, I know, impressive.


Oh, and our neighbor who lost their puppy last weekend brought us some steaks - he said he got called into work so he wouldn't be able to grill and he thought we might like to grill. The steak was WONDERFUL. He also gave us some treats and raw hide toys for the dogs. I felt bad that he gave them to us. But he said it would make them happy to know our puppies were enjoying the treats. He also said that his friend that gave him Pedro was bringing them a new dog from Florida. So I would guess they will have a little pup next week. We will have to get them some fresh treats and bones to celebrate.


Sunday was almost equal but I did do a bunch of yard work. I went to Gertens and got some additional day lilies, two white cone flowers, and a really beautiful deep burgundy foxglove.


It was fun to do some gardening but I did manage to get myself mighty sunburned.
Here are some pics:


My little man helped me while I gardened.

And I make my hubsters lunch every morning. I put a note in his lunch last week and told him he had a certified sandwhich made with lots of love. So he jokingly calls them his lovewhich's.
So I took some pictures this morning of his lovewhich in progress. Please note that not only are they made with love by his wife but also with a little help from the girls.


We'll call this the nose kiss Lovewich



The Head Nuzzle Lovewich


And we'll call this the Uuuumm Uuuumm good Lovewich

And because I think her face is the cutest thing EVER here it is in close-up.

5 comments:

Jay said...

You're cat was stalking you. He's a ferocious beast! LOL

Sometimes just lying around and reading or watching tv or movies is a really great way to spend a Saturday.

Nettie said...

you were right about the picture Newt. I looked at what you did then tossed up my breakfast. Could you be any freaking mushier?? (Mushier? is that a word? Shit yes it is!)

Kell said...

A lovewich. You guys are too cute. And so is Lily

Anonymous said...

Insanely cute pup face!

We take turns making lunches and quite often add a love note. My favourite kind read something like, "A love note of the wittiest and tenderest kind".

I put them in his wallet too.

Tink said...

I can't let Hoop see your lovewiches. Otherwise he'll start wanting them. Then I'll have to buy him a plane ticket so he can come live with you, because I am not that nice. ;)