Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Weekend in review

Saturday the hubster and I went with the in-laws on a whirl wind trip through Wisconsin. Our first stop was Winter Wisconsin for some plant shopping. There is a wonderful nursery pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Of course I found lots of cool plants for my yard. Several of which I had never seen before.

On the way to the garden center we passed several fields of sunflowers. They were simply breathtaking.

We then headed north and stopped at a lodge for lunch. I think I had one of the top five hamburgers ever. And the fries were perfect. I think everyone enjoyed their lunch. Just sandwiches and burgers but man were they yummy!

Next stop was the town of Hayward. They have a pretty well known candy and fudge shop which of course we had to stop at. And my mother-in-law also need to find out about getting a ring fixed that she had bought in a shop there. We browsed through several shops and then headed back on the road.

The giant loop we took brought us back into Minnesota north of the cities. We got home a little after 7. Which meant I had time to go get my copy of Harry Potter.

Well, you can probably guess what I did the rest of Saturday night and into Sunday. The weather however was too perfect to just sit and read. It was overcast with a nice breeze. So I forced myself to close my book and go out and do some gardening. We had lots of new plants to get in the ground.

I accomplished quite a bit of gardening. Planted what we had purchased and trimmed back some of the flowers that were done blooming. I also weeded like crazy. All in all I filled up two 55 gallon garbage cans with weeds and trimmings.

That was pretty much the weekend except for the sad part I already talked about yesterday.

I'll take pictures of the garden tonight. Most of the plants we got are done with their bloom cycle so I have to look forward to next year.

I finished Harry this morning. I won't say anything, I promise. It was a good story and I'm a little sad its over. Reading that last page was a little depressing.

My favorite line from the book:

Dumbledore in conversation with Snape.....
"You know, I sometimes think we Sort too soon........"

7 comments:

Kell said...

Wow! Those sunflowers are gorgeous. That must have been quite a sight.

That line stood out to me, too.

Anonymous said...

Those sunflowers are STUNNING!

Sounds like a great weekend!

Jay said...

Honestly, I'm glad it's over (Harry Potter). We can all move on with our lives now. LOL

Sometimes there is just nothing better than a really good hamburger. And sometimes it's harder to find one that you might think.

Anonymous said...

That's one of my fave lines too!

The pics of the sunflowers are delicious.

TWO 55 gal drums? OMG. That's a lot of weeding. Speaking of which...perhaps I'll go and do some.

Coffespaz said...

Sounds really nice!! Love the pics of the sunflowers, especially the close up of the flower and the bee. You almost have to look twice to see the bee. Very nice!!

RE HP....now I think I need to just start reading the series. Curiosity is really getting to me now, especially the line you wrote. Looks like my reading list just got a little longer! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures!

I liked that line too. Odd though. There were so many great quotable lines in HBP, but not so many in Deathly Hallows. e-mail me what you thought about the book.

Tink said...

Those pictures are amazing! I especially like the last one.

That line stuck out for me too! Then I started wondering, why do they sort at all? What's the point of segregating them? It's not like the separate houses do different things based on their skills. Overall I loved the book. I think it was the best in the series. I might read it again.